Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
    I might be able to make it out there next weekend, Materdaddy. And some of that stuff out there is difficult--much more so than it looks. In the eastern leg (Alder Canyon), the dirt in the wash does not seem to cement at all, making for a very loose, rocky situation at some times. There are bypasses, but sooner or later, your rig will be in harm's way.

I think I've had enough of that leg for awhile. If we go out I suggest we go for the western leg. There are some tight parts, but it's a fun trail. And there are some bypasses.
    I'll ask my two guests and we might be up for the western leg. They're both a little "green" in their current rigs, but not new to wheeling in general. I've never been wheeling out in that area, but need to drive to Riverside and then back home after wheeling, so I don't plan on being out all day. A half-day would probably be best for me (and maybe my guests).

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
    materdaddy there were lots of bypasses but then it wouldnt be so much fun , we ran up a wash with boulders and scrapping your fenders on the walls of the canyon until it was completely block with a falling tree , this made for some interesting turn around spot ...... thanks for the pics art
    Fun can stop if you break something doing something your rig isn't capable of... I have open diffs. My heap is my daily driver, so I can't beat it up too badly, although I try... .
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Materdaddy,

I've been a good ways up the western leg with more or less open diffs. I suggested lockers largely because of some the obstacles in the eastern leg that I thought would be fun to take on. If your jeep has a little flex and a little ground clearance, it should be a fun run for you. My heep is my driver, soon to be dd, unfortunately.

If by half-day you mean 4-6 hours on the trail, we should have a good time if we get a fairly early start. God knows there are plenty of other things I need to do too...it's just that wheelin is more fun that most of them. :tongue: We'll see what the weather does. As of this morning, there is snow in the mountains surrounding the Canyon--most importantly, on Santa Rosa Mountain, which contributes a lot of runoff to the area.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
        thanks for the pics art
        Yeah, thanks for the pics, Art, next time I'll remember my camera and take lots of pics of you. And thanks for not posting the pics of that one "obstacle"--you know what I'm talking about! :censor:
        holes = cowbell

Comment

You are welcome David, we save the bloopers for private viewing

Comment

Art,

We want to see the bloopers!!!!!!

Mitch

Comment

Picture link, its a gentler way of viewing

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                You are welcome David, we save the bloopers for private viewing
                Pics or ban....

(j/k)

Dave, I sent you a PM w/ my phone #. Give me a call so we can talk about this weekend. Thanks!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                  Dave, I sent you a PM w/ my phone #. Give me a call so we can talk about this weekend. Thanks!
                  Will do; it's a grind (just look at my Jeep!), but someone's got to do it!
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Way cool

I was just looking at my calender to see when I could make a wheeling trip up there. Looks like fun. I'm kinda' booked with runs till the weekend of March 21st. I would be down for a fullday run. Is there anywhere to park a tow rig?:dunno: I've been up to the gates from the south, it's fun but not a challenge. I've seen 2wd vehicles back there.

Would like to see some more pictures of the hard lines:thumbs_up

Comment

Coyote Cyn 1-31

Looking to run the upper end. Is there going to be a run this weekend?
                      Haven't done it in years.
                      George

Comment

Originally posted by Mikegyver1 View Post
                        I was just looking at my calender to see when I could make a wheeling trip up there. Looks like fun. I'm kinda' booked with runs till the weekend of March 21st. I would be down for a fullday run. Is there anywhere to park a tow rig?:dunno: I've been up to the gates from the south, it's fun but not a challenge. I've seen 2wd vehicles back there.

Would like to see some more pictures of the hard lines:thumbs_up
                        Tow rig parking is on an at-your-own-risk basis.

There is plenty to challenge in the upper/ northern legs.

For more pics see find the link aw12345 posted, or check check out the pics I posted at the beginning of this thread. March should be a great time, providing it's not raining hard on Santa Rosa.
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

1-31-09

Materdaddy, 0U812, TDS SD, CommandoMan, and I took a run up the Northwestern leg of Coyote Canyon today. The idea was a mellow, but fun run that wouldn't take too long.

This was OU812/ Scott's first trail ride in his newly acquired mostly-stock YJ. I think he was eager to test it out, and test it out he did. TDS SD/ George had last done this run up Horse Canyon (as he informed us it was called) 10 or 15 years ago; obviously topography had changed somewhat. Back then he'd taken a hellaceous hill climb up Table Mountain to exit the canyon. We were all impressed by his well-built YJ; George knows how to handle it, too.

We turned around at challenging overgrown section since several of our group had commitments for that afternoon/ evening. I had a great time; Materdaddy/ Mat tweaked his tie rod pretty good; I dinged my FR fender again; OU812 developed a leak from his front pinion, but other than that and plenty of good rock rash on the undersides and rims, I think we came through just great.

holes = cowbell

Comment

Thank you inVER'tD for showing us around. We had a grate group of guys out yesterday. I really liked that trail because it was close to home. Ill post the video of TDS SD getting tippy soon.
                            Those left standing
                            Will make millions
                            Writing books on ways
                            It should have been
                            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                              Thank you inVER'tD for showing us around. We had a grate group of guys out yesterday. I really liked that trail because it was close to home. Ill post the video of TDS SD getting tippy soon.
                              It was a great group, and I've got plenty more trails where that one came from... Post up them vids, bearded one!
                              Last edited by inVERt'D; 02-02-09, 09:26 PM.
                              holes = cowbell

Comment

TDS SD showing us how to look cool

Those left standing
                                Will make millions
                                Writing books on ways
                                It should have been
                                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                                X