X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
    Just remember that fire ring rocks get hot.:fire:
    They usually hurt upside the head too...but then...nothing is harder than solid bone.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

The dates are still pending because of other annual events and commitments and we're also in the planning and coordinating stages with BLM to keep things on the up and up. I will update the MJR link and other sites just as soon as the information is available. Thanks again for the continued support and desire to keep this alive.

Mark
      "run forest, run!"

Comment

We are heading out there for Mothers Day weekend. Dont remember it being too bad

Comment

Last I heard this event has been cancelled due to lack of trash in the area.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

The guys always have clean-ups listed if you are interested:

http://www.clean-dezert.org/

Comment

While it's good that events like this are cancelled due the lack of trash, I am bummed. I finally get my weekends back and was looking forward to this clean-up. They are always going on during my busy season.

Comment

We can alway's start our own clean-up can't we? No need to let the trash build up. Good exposure is always noticed. I'll help when needed.

Mitch

Comment

Didn't someone post on here earlier that Calico was a disaster? I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks...
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    Didn't someone post on here earlier that Calico was a disaster? I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks...
                    I Think there was alot of broken parts around the Gate Keeper !!!
                    That was the the disaster you read about
                    moon buggy
                    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

when me and chuck went we filled a huge burlap bag just in odessa
                      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                        I Think there was alot of broken parts around the Gate Keeper !!!
                        That was the the disaster you read about
                        Cool, hopefully they're still there. I need some new junk for my junk...
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Take Trash Bags!

Okay, so Calico isn't so bad that you will be able to furnish a small home with appliances and furniture like the major clean up last time, but the place is a mess!

When I went to scout some trails for IDTT, the guests that I had with me commented on how trashy some of the areas were. Since they were from the beautiful country of New Zealand, I took the slam kinda personal.

Kramer Arch and Bismarck Mine were the worst areas. It was mostly drink cans, bottles, and paper/plastic trash. The camping areas and shooting areas were littered with enough brass to weigh down any Jeep.

No, you won't be hauling out box springs and dryers, but the place needs a good cleaning up. We could probably do a much better than adequate job at IDTT if everyone plans to bring a trash bag and not leave until it's full (which shouldn't take long!).

Just my :2:
                          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

I am with ya on that one

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                              Okay, so Calico isn't so bad that you will be able to furnish a small home with appliances and furniture like the major clean up last time, but the place is a mess!

When I went to scout some trails for IDTT, the guests that I had with me commented on how trashy some of the areas were. Since they were from the beautiful country of New Zealand, I took the slam kinda personal.

Kramer Arch and Bismarck Mine were the worst areas. It was mostly drink cans, bottles, and paper/plastic trash. The camping areas and shooting areas were littered with enough brass to weigh down any Jeep.

No, you won't be hauling out box springs and dryers, but the place needs a good cleaning up. We could probably do a much better than adequate job at IDTT if everyone plans to bring a trash bag and not leave until it's full (which shouldn't take long!).

Just my :2:
                              Agreed. It is by no means like it was for the clean up but there is still a lot of trash. With the number of people going to IDTT if everyone picks up a little when you are out with your groups we will make a huge impact.

Kramer Arch looked like a land fill when we were there. To the left of the trail going towards the arch is filled with all kinds of junk left behind from people doing target practice.

Why don't we do a clean up run on Friday. I think a nice long loop picking up as we go would be great. I'm bringing my truck and will volunteer taking the trash out.
                              Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                                Agreed. It is by no means like it was for the clean up but there is still a lot of trash. With the number of people going to IDTT if everyone picks up a little when you are out with your groups we will make a huge impact.

Kramer Arch looked like a land fill when we were there. To the left of the trail going towards the arch is filled with all kinds of junk left behind from people doing target practice.

Why don't we do a clean up run on Friday. I think a nice long loop picking up as we go would be great. I'm bringing my truck and will volunteer taking the trash out.

im down for a clean up run friday
                                [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X