Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
    But! with those tires, be sure to bring an air compressor to air back up with. Any lockers? You won't need them on this trail, but I'm just curious.
    I have factory LSD in the Dana 44, that's it. [COLOR="Red"]No chains, diff covers or rocker protection either.[/COLOR] I'm new to the Jeepin', trail riding thing, so I don't have an air tank or compressor yet. No spare parts and just basic hand tools (BFH , bailing wire, duct tape, vise grips and crescent wrench. Am I still ok for this trail ride? I don't want to drag the group down if I'm not equipped for this run. Thanks guys!!! --Damon

What about bringing my 5 year old with me? Bad idea?
    Last edited by Red Heep; 01-08-09, 10:43 PM.
    My Jeep cost's me more than my wife...

Comment

I think this is the third time I have to cancell a run on MJR!! I hope no one gets the wrong idea about the Bash Mobile becomeing a flaker.

I just got a call from my JK buddy and they are headed to Bullfrog this Saturday...I gotta follow them just to make sure those "JK's" make it through Bullfrog OK if you know what I mean...LOLOLOLOL.

See you next time guys. I'll be at Bullfrog.

I'm sure Hundy will get a kick out of this post of mine.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

For Red heep just buy one of these little red compressors, Costco used to carry them
        something like this works every bit as well as the ones that cost several hundred dollars you can get it at the 4wheelhardware store in Riverside, other than that you are good to go. Ones somebody blazez a trail and gets some dirt on the snow its fairly easy wheeling. Just for most of your 4 wheeling lower tire pressure gives a lot more traction and helps the ride while offroad

Comment

What about bringing my 5 year old with me? Bad idea?[/QUOTE]

I usually bring my 5 and/or 8 yr old boys with me. Nobody has ever seemed to mind. You'll feel rushed to get him loaded and locked in when it's time to roll, but otherwise I've never had a problem.

Comment

sorry guys my neck is not getting better (disc protrusion) i'll have to pass this time looks like i might be down for awhile more what really sucks !!!

Comment

Bummer Steve, I hope they can get it better soon

Comment

Just an update for Kurt's post,

As of Friday 1-09-09 Rattlesnake Canyon was completely clear to 2N02. 2N02 was clear and only had a couple of small area's of snow/ice. Heartbreak entrance was completely clear, but will be ICY in the north facing area's. It looks like most of the snow is gone, But at the Rose Mine area 5 miles or so away there was quite a lot of snow/ice on 2N02 and at the junction of 2N02/3N03 it was VERY ICY at 3:00pm. Mr Bash and Nipple Twister were going to go home via 2N02 and quickly changed their minds. Even 3N03 (Cactus Flats) and a couple miles of ICY trail each time there was no sunshine. Have tons of fun but watch the north/shady sides of
                2N02!

Mitch

Comment

Ok, count me in. The ranger station about 9:45am. --Damon
                  My Jeep cost's me more than my wife...

Comment

Working...
                  X