Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Snow run towards heartbreak ridge

A couple of us have been thinking about a snow run in the Big Bear area. Doing a run from Hwy 38 on fire road 2no2 towards Heartbreak ridge might be do able by now. How does this Saturday 10 am at hwy 38 and 2n01 trailhead sound? Ideas, suggestions?
    Last edited by aw12345; 01-06-09, 06:43 PM.

I'am in for this.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I ran up Rattlesnake Canyon to BB last weekend. Got as far as 2N02/2N03 junction. It was getting dark and we were alone so I opted to turn around. But it's doable, I'm positive of that. Lots and lots of mud. There was still about three feet of snow at the junction.

Have fun
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I just bought a nice set of snow chains so we will see how far we get, Mud, snow its all good

Comment

Mitch (Great88) and I have been discussing running Rattlesnake Cyn from the desert to 2N02 to 3N03 (Through Catus Flats) on Friday.
          Last edited by Roger; 01-06-09, 05:09 PM. Reason: Wrong trail number - doh!
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Mitch (Great88) and I have been discussing running Rattlesnake Cyn from the desert to 2N02 to 3N02 (Through Catus Flats) on Friday.
            RS is freaking beautiful this time of year. If you go, be carefull going through the ranch. Bill (the owner) was out last weekend and not happy with a bunch of yahoos that went tearing through his property scaring the Hell out of his cattle. He's very cool and good natured, and sides with off roaders about the land grab issues too. And he can't stand feinstien, so he's A ok in my book. If you see him, say hey for me.

Comment

Roger,

I'm thinking more like up Rattlesnake and back out the same way. No interest in 2N02 till it's clear. We can discuss that tonight over pizza.

Kurt,

Where is Bill's Ranch? Is that the one at the begining of Rattlesnake just before the wash? The Brama that we saw last year was quite a sight. It was like 30 feet away and could have taken out the Jeep with no problem!

Mitch

Comment

Art are you talking about 2N01 and 38 or 2N02 by Baldwin lake. also maybe we could meet at ranger station on 38 for guys on this side of the mountain then run up to trail head. so i don't get lost lol.
                You can make it

Comment

The ranger station will work just fine.
                  Is a better meet point

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                    Roger,

I'm thinking more like up Rattlesnake and back out the same way. No interest in 2N02 till it's clear. We can discuss that tonight over pizza.

Kurt,

Where is Bill's Ranch? Is that the one at the begining of Rattlesnake just before the wash? The Brama that we saw last year was quite a sight. It was like 30 feet away and could have taken out the Jeep with no problem!

Mitch
                    Mitch,
                    yes it's the house you see up on the hill by the trail head.

Comment

count me in for the ranger station, what time there !!

Comment

about 9.45 am sound good?

Comment

Thanks Art....wait till I rip in to my motor then post a snow run.
                          I bet Heartbreak is looking pretty good right now.
                          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                            Thanks Art....wait till I rip in to my motor then post a snow run.
                            I bet Heartbreak is looking pretty good right now.
                            he did that on purpose

Comment

What's wrong with your engine Chuck, those 4.3's are pretty tough little engines? it's just missing or rattling and knocking?

Comment

Working...
                              X