Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PR1Retired View Post
    Too bad its on Sunday, I have to work. Friday or Saturday I can do.
    I think 2 of us will be there Saturday. We can meet up.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

With all this rain the MUD HOLE will be full, last year my buddy went first with 38in swampers and it took him 3 tries to get through it. bring extra water to clear the mud out of the radiators after you get through it we had a few jeeps over heat last time from the mud. have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Man View Post
        With all this rain the MUD HOLE will be full, last year my buddy went first with 38in swampers and it took him 3 tries to get through it. bring extra water to clear the mud out of the radiators after you get through it we had a few jeeps over heat last time from the mud. have fun
        What mud hole?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Last time I was on Last Chance there was no mud hole. But then that was in the summer, and out here we are lucky to have water in the kitchen faust

Comment

There will probably be a mud hole on Nightmare Gulch. With all the rain it could get fun.
            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Half way up nightmare gulch is the mud hole, after a good rain it fills up with mud from the canyon. It is at a spot where the cliff side fell making a nice dam for the water to fill up and make for a nice mud hole to form. NO BYPASS FOR THIS SPOT. IF YOUR DRIVING A STICK SHIFT DO NOT PUSH IN THE CLUTCH WHEN YOUR IN THE MUD. If you stall it out our need to stop just let the engine die. If you push in the clutch you will ruin your clutch plates and have to get a new clutch.... just some info for the stick shifters out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Man View Post
                I was on that run. It was like cement for the first couple vehicles, then it turned to water.
                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

YES IT WAS SOME FUN MUD that was my club run HIGH DESERT 4 WHEELERS

Comment

Whats the rating on these trails?
                    I have not wheeled in years and am just getting back into it.
                    My Jeep is a 98 Wrangler w/a 3" Lift and 33s Basically stock everything else
                    Thanks
                    CJ

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Daddy View Post
                      Whats the rating on these trails?
                      I have not wheeled in years and am just getting back into it.
                      My Jeep is a 98 Wrangler w/a 3" Lift and 33s Basically stock everything else
                      Thanks
                      CJ
                      Not sure technically what they are rated, but Nightmare and Last Chance are fun trails, but not very difficult. Just enough obstacles to keep your attention and make you pick your line, but nothing that is very hard or requires a monster rig. Last Chance is easier than Nightmare, but both have an "exit hill" that can be challenging. I regularly run these trails with stock Land Rovers, with mild lifts (2") and 31" or 32" tires, typically unlocked.

I think your Jeep would have no troubles, except maybe the last hill out, and you can easily get a tug from one of the other rigs should you need it. I certainly wouldn't let the trail disuade you from running this event. Who knows, these trails might not be open ever again after this month!

Here are some of my photos of these trails to give you an idea of some of the harder parts, some of them are "extra credit lines" where easier routes exist:

Last Chance:
                      http://nwoods.smugmug.com/gallery/16...79858774_86oK7

Nightmare & Last Chance - Nov 2008
                      http://nwoods.smugmug.com/gallery/66...23430139_jvdZ3

Nightmare & Last Chance - Nov 2007
                      http://nwoods.smugmug.com/gallery/38...23584738_AzLve

Nightmare in LR3's
                      http://nwoods.smugmug.com/gallery/36...11887118_DhtMo

Nightmare Dec 2006
                      http://nwoods.smugmug.com/gallery/22...17329551_zxjpS

Typical shot:
                      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I had a friend in the local club take me to Last Chance when I first got my jeep. I had no problems at all.

2004 Rubicon
                        BFG MT/R 31"
                        No lift

Comment

Video of Last Chance Canyon

This trail is rated 5 in difficulty out of ten. (It's easy and there is a bypass for every obstacle except for the last hill, which is still easy)

But the wet grounds might make this place very interesting.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Just an update for eveyone...ITS SNOWING HERE! If it sticks (no pun intended) arounds there could be snow on the ground for the run.

Comment

we need pics
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

If I get off in time, maybe I can make a photo recon mission.

Comment

Working...
                                X