Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 30 mins to go to miller

Well got a call today. Rick and Dave heading to Miller. I first said no then thought to myself I dont wanna sit around all day. So I went.

It had rained recently up there and was water in places. The beginning had some water about 50 feet in and was pretty slippery. After getting up we realized it was gonna be an interesting day.

so we came to yellow jacket. i have never done this section of the trail and wanted to try. Well the rock section was gone. No big rocks there anymore.

But there was plenty of mud pits. Quick sand, once you got in them. And here is where the fun started.

a tree fell on my jeep when I was driving by it. Got hit with twigs from it. Nothing damaged.

I preceeded to the end of the trail where it dead ends. it got pretty rocky towards the end and at times had some problems.

but got thru it and back up. as we were trying to leave yellow jacket the giant mud holes were pretty nasty. I popped 2 beads and had to get winched out. we got lucky and popped both beads back on but one tire was so full of water and mud I had to run it. My spare was in my truck.

We ran into a broke down International. He broke both motor mounts and it looked like his engine was sitting on a crossmember. the oil pan looked crushed.

We offered him assistance but he had things under control. He hung with us and made up miller.

It was already getting dark going up miller. When we ran into a group of about 15 or so. Trucks, suvs, and jeeps. A couple of times I believe they were broke and stuck. dunno which.

the mud in the tire was good to get off the trail but once on a paved road the unbalance was not drivable.Worse then death wobble. I used Ricks spare to get to castaic. they have 24 hour tire service there. They cleaned out the tire and mounted it back on.

I got some videos I will put up later. Awesome times and thanks to Dave and Rick helping me get my junk off the trail.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Sounds like a ball, also time for some beadlocks buddy. I can run 8 psi or less all day. Had to fix my front locker today figured the last 5 runs or so it hadn't worked. Still love my arb's but why do they use metric copper tubing, was a royal pain in the behind. Need to get out to Miller and have some fun, we did truckhaven yesterday and had a blast, you and the gang ought to check that place out some time.

Comment

Josh,

Looks like you had a fun trip. Worth getting off the couch any day! On Yellow Jacket you said the rocks were gone? The pictures of Mr Green a couple of weeks ago showed a whole trail of 3 and 4 foot rocks. Does it look like they were moved or was that a different trail? Nice photo's. Thanks

Mitch

Comment

Dave said the rocks were chiselled down.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
          Dave said the rocks were chiselled down.
          Good! Now I can go through Yellow Jacket. I always bellied up at the entrance.

Looks like good times!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

I think all we have are good times on the trails.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I added music to these cuz of cussing. Didnt wanna get them taken off.

this is where the water came in the cab and got me all of the neck and arm. it sucked.

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                Sounds like a ball, also time for some beadlocks buddy. I can run 8 psi or less all day. Had to fix my front locker today figured the last 5 runs or so it hadn't worked. Still love my arb's but why do they use metric copper tubing, was a royal pain in the behind. Need to get out to Miller and have some fun, we did truckhaven yesterday and had a blast, you and the gang ought to check that place out some time.

yeah I was looking at internal bead locks. Those stauns. but is alot of work. especially getting setup at a tire shop.

I know a guy who has a set of beadlocks but am waiting for him to email me back. I think he wants to sell the tires as well with them. and 37's is sounding alot better than my 35's

It's just money right???????.......that I dont have.
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Nice videos, mud is a whole different anumal isn't it?
                  Stauns are the way to go, is well worth wrestling with the tires on a tire machine, low tire pressure can make a world of difference at times

Comment

Looks like you guys had a great time . . . sorry I had to miss this one. When is the next run? . . . I'm really itchin' now.
                    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

We did Yellow Jacket on Nov 2nd. We had a lot of fun in the rocks.

Did you stay on the road or did you try going down the creek bed?

RallyeX

Comment

I went to the end of the trail.

Joe you missed your own run man.
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

speaking of pictures. Rick has some badass ones he is hording on his camera
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Josh,

You ALWAYS have fun. Looks like lots of mud this time. Still planning to see you at Calico.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                              Josh,

You ALWAYS have fun. Looks like lots of mud this time. Still planning to see you at Calico.

Mitch
                              I try.

It was a long day.

Your always welcome man.

Calico should be fun.
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                              X