Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Testing @ The Hammers with GenRight Off Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plvw4Qk9vys
    From A Champ To A Chump In Just One Bump!

Damn that suspension rides those whoops real nice. Lookin good...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      Damn that suspension rides those whoops real nice. Lookin good...
      That was at 80mph in 5th gear. Poor 4.2L

Comment

What time in the video are you hitting woops? (No time to watch the whole video)
        I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
        Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Beat98TJ View Post
          What time in the video are you hitting woops? (No time to watch the whole video)
          0.30 seconds in & 2:05 minutes in

Comment

I wish my jeep could do that.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

How about a little info on that jeep like tire size and suspension components.

Comment

Cool video. Wasn't that Jeep at the Calico Clean Up last year with Fox Air Shocks?
                Check out .

Comment

My new ProComp dual sport lift kit & suspension handles the whoops the same way, and also provides the DJ a nice comfortable ride on the streets and all the rock crawling she can find!! It is so much fun!!!
                  Last edited by Desert Jewel; 09-23-08, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Tony can tell you more about his Jeep, but last time I saw it he was running 40's with dynatrac pro-rock 60's front and rear. The suspension is all Genright stuff. Modified 3-link front and 4-link rear, with king air coilovers (I think). Wheelbase hase been strethed front and rear a bit, I would guess close to 100 inches at this point. I think the axles are either 62" or 64" WMS to WMS. It is a sweet rig, though it would not be inexpensive to duplicate. Maybe someday I will win the lottery.
                    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                      Tony can tell you more about his Jeep, but last time I saw it he was running 40's with dynatrac pro-rock 60's front and rear. The suspension is all Genright stuff. Modified 3-link front and 4-link rear, with king air coilovers (I think). Wheelbase hase been strethed front and rear a bit, I would guess close to 100 inches at this point. I think the axles are either 62" or 64" WMS to WMS. It is a sweet rig, though it would not be inexpensive to duplicate. Maybe someday I will win the lottery.
                      Not so hard to duplicate, (or at kleast, emulate) if you're willing to be cheap and can fabricate...

My TJ has a 3-link radius arm front suspension and will soon have Rancho remote resevior coilovers, and rear leafs with Rancho remote resevoir shocks. HP D44 front, Ford 9" rear, 66" wms to wms. It'll handle the whoops just fine, and is on 38.5's with 5.38 gears. I did the whole thing for about $2500, total.

It helps (a lot, actually) that I work where I work, and that I can do all my own fab work in the garage.

Buy everything separately, be willing to use junkyard parts, and have a very, very open mind when it comes to thinking out of the box. No lottery needed :-)
                      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGSIZE View Post
                        0.30 seconds in & 2:05 minutes in
                        Wish my jeep worked that well in the rocks...Big tires are cool.
                        I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
                        Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                          Cool video. Wasn't that Jeep at the Calico Clean Up last year with Fox Air Shocks?
                          Yeah we did have 2.5 FOX Air Shocks on the front end then. We swapped over to King 2.0 Coilovers. MUCH nicer ride and the tune ability is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                            I'm Robert and we have changed a few items since this spec sheet was made...King Shocks and PRP Seats have been installed.

Next on the list is a 5.7L Vortec Swap & Auto Tranny.

Comment

That jeep is every jeepers dream! but what is the final cost of this jeep? (Labor and material) 60,000.00 to 70,000.00?
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
                              X