Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Calico night run

Any one interested in running Calico Saturday night Sept. 6th? If so meet at the entrance of Calico Ghost Town at 5:oo pm.
    That thing has more knocks & ping's than Forest Gump playing ping pong:tongue:

Which trail you goin up? As of 2 weeks ago Odessa was GONE where the squeeze is.

Comment

Originally posted by chris142 View Post
      Which trail you goin up? As of 2 weeks ago Odessa was GONE where the squeeze is.
      gone.....any pics.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

No pics. I was up there 2 weeks ago rescuing a stolen car and tried to bring it out of the hills down that canyon. Rut was like 4ft deep and 4 ft wide.

We actully got a Lincoln Town car within 100ft of the squeeze lol

Comment

Originally posted by chris142 View Post
          No pics. I was up there 2 weeks ago rescuing a stolen car and tried to bring it out of the hills down that canyon. Rut was like 4ft deep and 4 ft wide.

We actully got a Lincoln Town car within 100ft of the squeeze lol
          4 feet??

you talking about this section

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

No that spot in Odessa where everybody with a hard top smacks the wall.

Comment

this section

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

If I have time I'm going to back in there on my way back from vegas and get some pics...
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Oh. You must mean this spot:

What do you mean by 'gone'?
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Looks different at night but I think thats it. I was coming down vs looking up. had a huge rut at the top that would eat my Jeep.

Comment

Jeep Eater

Sounds like a challenge!
                      Best, Max7
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I wasnt aware of the trail being in that bad of shape. The plan was to run odessa in the late afternoon & then to run whatever after the sun went down. I wouldn't mind checking it out to see just how difficult it has become.
                        Last edited by jeepadict; 08-13-08, 06:24 AM.

Comment

That must have been from the deluge we got here a week or more back. There were flash floods all over the place. I will try to get the go-ahead from the Mrs. to attend this. I'd like to see what happened up there as a result of the rain.

Is this area "adopted" by anyone? Is there a club to contact with trail issues that need to be fixed?

Tammy or Julie? You usually know this kind of stuff.
                          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                            That must have been from the deluge we got here a week or more back. There were flash floods all over the place. I will try to get the go-ahead from the Mrs. to attend this. I'd like to see what happened up there as a result of the rain.

Is this area "adopted" by anyone? Is there a club to contact with trail issues that need to be fixed?

Tammy or Julie? You usually know this kind of stuff.
                            I tried to find if anyone has this trail adopted & the last thing I came up with was the Toyota Landcruiser association took on the task back in 06. Im going to see if I can contact them so I can get more info. Hope I can have an answer soon.

Comment

I dont understand. What's wrong with a 4 foot section missing there?
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                              X