Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day after Xmas? anything?

anyone feel up to a quick run the day after christmas? maybe something along the lines of Miller or Rowher (i know it's been bulldozed, but ya can't beat the scenery...)

must.... escape.... pavement!!

nope, nothing going on
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Sorry, going Jeep parts shopping...and tool shopping...heard that I have a Sears gift certificate coming my way.

Comment

Some people on another Board are talking about going to "Miller" on Saturday......I'm interested in taking Pebbles out if the trail is Pebbles speed, Miller or Rowler.
        *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
        Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
        Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Originally posted by CMeTopless818
          Some people on another Board are talking about going to "Miller" on Saturday......I'm interested in taking Pebbles out if the trail is Pebbles speed, Miller or Rowler.
          yup... going to Miller on saturday too with the exception of a few bumpy spots, Miller is practically as good as pavement so you'd have no problems. it's my understanding that Rowher was recently graded/bulldozed, but the recent rain may have un-improved it a little

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
            Sorry, going Jeep parts shopping...and tool shopping...heard that I have a Sears gift certificate coming my way.
            going to sears the day after christmas?? you're a braver soul than I

Comment

Got the inside scoop from a naughty elf that i'll be putting in a cb and antenna the day after x-mas.
              [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
              AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
              15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
              33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
              FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
              Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
              RE Hand Throttle
              Optima Red Top
              K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                going to sears the day after christmas?? you're a braver soul than I
                I'm a woman. Nothing scares me away from shopping. I know how to use elbows and heels. And you think Sears is scary? Try Lohman's right now. The formals section is worse than a barroom brawl right up until New Year's Eve.

Comment

Originally posted by PondScum
                  Got the inside scoop from a naughty elf that i'll be putting in a cb and antenna the day after x-mas.
                  ooo! i love spoiled surprises! i hate all of the waiting and anticipation ... my brother and i used to tell each other what everything was under the tree!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'd be up for a run, but I kinda doubt many of you would be interested in driving to Southern Arizona.
                    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                      ooo! i love spoiled surprises! i hate all of the waiting and anticipation ... my brother and i used to tell each other what everything was under the tree!
                      My mom had the time of her life one Christmas. She told me not to say anything to Dad and hid his Christmas present in my closet. It was a 30.06.

Christas came and there were two long packages under the tree. She had hid his present in my closet and let me in on the secret, but I didn't know that she had hid my present (a .22 rifle) in his closet and let him in on the secret.

She busted a rib laughing at our confused faces.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                        My mom had the time of her life one Christmas. She told me not to say anything to Dad and hid his Christmas present in my closet. It was a 30.06.

Christas came and there were two long packages under the tree. She had hid his present in my closet and let me in on the secret, but I didn't know that she had hid my present (a .22 rifle) in his closet and let him in on the secret.

She busted a rib laughing at our confused faces.

That's a good one. Now what would have been even more amazing is if she had each of you hiding your own rifles in your closets thinking you were hiding each others. :confused:
                        [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
                        AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
                        15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
                        33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
                        FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
                        Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
                        RE Hand Throttle
                        Optima Red Top
                        K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Whooo Hooo! Score! Three gift certificates from Sears!

There is something really wrong with this Christmas. I am getting things that serve a purpose and have power cords. Wrong. And I am liking it. Twilight Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by PondScum
                            I just finished installing a CB + antenna this evening. I am trying to locate a SWR meter to tune the antenna... Tried at least 3 Radio Shacks (none in stock). I might have to order one online if I can't find one in a local So Cal store.

Other than tuning the antenna, everything went on without any problems. Wound up using a CB antenna mount from Teraflex (fits over the rear tail lamp and is super heavy duty). Took a few hours to get everything wired up so I am ready to roll.

The TJ is 2 weeks old and is waiting impatiently to get some more dirt under those tires. I am giving some serious thought to heading out to Stoddard Valley this weekend. Gotta work on Friday so I figure Saturday would be best as the Sunday traffic back will be pretty bad.
                            Last edited by cc2; 12-24-03, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                              yup... going to Miller on saturday too with the exception of a few bumpy spots, Miller is practically as good as pavement
                              So, should I just drive the tow rig and leave the jeep at home?
                              I most likely will be there. Only cause I have not seen alex's ass in a while...and he was the very first person I wheeled with a few years ago...bastid!
                              ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Working...
                              X