Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW Glad to hear you are OK. If you need anything just holler.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
      i was thinking the same thing... im always up for a buck, but this is ridiculous.
      Sorry if I offended. I was trying to make a joke. That's why the wink was after it.

Comment

Shoot I'll throw in a beer or two along with the bumper just to get it off the floor of my garage . . . has a CB Antenna bracket and the plastic bumperettes . . . come and get it
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Wow Russ, That is amazing! You definatly had an angel in the passenger seat that day! We're so glad your ok!
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

I too have a factory rear bumper collecting dust in my garage. It comes with the Hi-Lift brackets on it, and best of all it is free. Glad you're ok.
            [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
              I too have a factory rear bumper collecting dust in my garage. It comes with the Hi-Lift brackets on it, and best of all it is free. Glad you're ok.
              fwiw, I think you'd be the closest to him as well.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Russ the more I look at that picture I think how lucky ya were not to hit one of those big rock and roll sideways and then really pick up speed...(So what did ya name your ANGEL?)LOL..Geeb
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Yikes Russ, we're so glad you're allright.
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

We recovered my Jeep yesterday. It was a long day. To get to the site, we had to go 30 miles on pavement, then 42 miles on dirt. It took just under 5 hours each way. We spent a little over an hour getting my Jeep back on the trail. Only minor damage; a bent rear bumper, a slight bulge on my left rocker panel where the rock sliders pushed up against the rocker panel, and minor scratches on the skid plate. I drove it off the trail and I'm planning to drive it home today. This campground has a slow internet connection, so I won't be able to upload pictures until I get home.
                    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                    KI6MLU

Comment

WOW Russ, It's amazing how you or your "angel" kept your jeep from going any further.I know the area and the pics really don't do it justice(it's a long,long way down) Glad to hear your alright. Hope all you have to replace is the bumper,tire,and maybe that hole in your seat.

Comment

Russ, I'm glad to hear your OK. Don't do that again, you have to many trips yet to take and I look forward to your threads as they are always so detailed. You now have the greatest camp fire story ever. Drive safe coming home.

Comment

White Rim Trail

Here's a slideshow with some of the sights from the White Rim Trail. I don't have pictures of the actual recovery where my Jeep was winched back to the trail; I was helping with the recovery and didn't have time to take pictures. Chris at Nations Towing in Moab did a great job with the recovery and there was no further damage to my Jeep. I drove it off the trail and drove it over 400 miles at freeway speed yesterday from Moab, UT to Primm, NV. The only apparent damage is to the rear bumper and a slightly tweaked left rocker panel.

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                          KI6MLU

Comment

Happy that you're alright and that the Jeep is too. Stay safe Russ...
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

That song is quite appropriate for your video. LOL

Comment

Holy crap, I'm so busy I haven't been to the site in a couple days. I'm so glad to hear you're OK Russ! VERY glad to hear it wasn't any worse than it was!

If you need anything, let us know too!
                                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X