Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kern River

Going to camp up there. Leaving Friday afternoon. Hopefully Sherman Pass or another trail is open up there. I don't know if anything is even open up there.

Just wanting to get out of town. Do some fishing. Relaxing and some wheeling.

We went up in March and the gates were closed. But I saw a post on another forum saying they were up there and the trail was open. Either way am going up.

There is 2 so far going up.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

If you run Freeway Ridge, try the water crossing at the bottom of the trail at the Kern River. It's a blast!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      If you run Freeway Ridge, try the water crossing at the bottom of the trail at the Kern River. It's a blast!
      Better make sure and attach the snorkel before before giving that a whirl
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
        Better make sure and attach the snorkel before before giving that a whirl
        No Kidding! This is a pic in the SHALLOW part:

On the way back looks like this (on a 4.5" lift and 35's):
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Was up there weekend before last, Sherman and freeway were still closed. hopefully they have opened them by now. The gate at camp 4 is now open with a pretty fun trail past the creek crossing but lots of downed trees. A few of the campgrounds are now open. Watch your crossings, the river is kicking with the recent snow melt...Nice video.

Comment

Great video! I thought for a moment the current was going to wash you away. I give it a 9+ on the pucker factor scale.
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Well I will let you guys know on Sunday night whats open.
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Well, I like the video of the water crossing too. Who the heck else would be going thru a flowin river,,(Rat Patrol) ...Dang Kurt you get all over ya ever sleep?? LOL..Thanks for the pic. as well..Geeb
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

kern

i heard that trails will open on memorial weekend .friends from work dirtbike up at troy meadows campground.

Comment

I'm sure that Kurt was just trying to get some poor ol' rattlesnakes to the other side and keep them safe and dry!(Mojave Trail) Ha, what a stud Kurt, swim on...

Mitch

Comment

The area around that water crossing is really nice. It looks like a post card. That was in November; there were still green leaves on the trees that hang down over the river, and Sunlight fliters through there just right. A must see... Just watch out for the cows that don't like you crossing thier river!
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I'll be heading up early Sat. morning.

Comment

Cool. Am leaving at lunch. Should be there around 3. Camp and all will be right past Gold ledge if it is open.

Tonight camp setup. Then going up the mountain for fire wood.

Saturday morning I want to go up the open trails to the granite bowls.

Channel 26.
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Rickashy, where are you going sat morning, I might tag along. I live near the entrance to Kern Canyon.

Comment

Hey smack how ya been, should be going through Bakersfield about 8:00 Ch 26.

Comment

Working...
                              X