Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
    thats cool , i wouldnt mind going back in further they say it goes all the way to lake elsinore , its best to travel in a group if something goes wrong , i live only a couple miles from the entrance so any time anyones heading that way and i dont have other plans i'm in !!!
    That whole area up there has been my old stomping grounds since the early 80s MANY people have went off the main road going up or down skyline with very bad results to say the least. I know that whole area well and used to frequent skyline, Santiago peak, bedford motorway and black star canyon quite a bit and used to camp up there too. In fact my avitar that I use with my jeep about to flip over backwards ? That pic was taken up there about five years ago. If you go up on the weekend be VERY careful, many off road rookies going down that hill way to fast. And yes I have a key for the gate and then some. I would not mind setting up a run for up there in the future if anyone is interested then PM me.
    Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 05-03-08, 08:33 AM.
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by matt2001tj View Post
      That whole area up there has been my old stomping grounds since the early 80s MANY people have went off the main road going up or down skyline with very bad results to say the least. I know that whole area well and used to frequent skyline, Santiago peak, bedford motorway and black star canyon quite a bit and used to camp up there too. In fact my avitar that I use with my jeep about to flip over backwards ? That pic was taken up there about five years ago. If you go up on the weekend be VERY careful, many off road rookies going down that hill way to fast. And yes I have a key for the gate and then some. I would not mind setting up a run for up there in the future if anyone is interested then PM me.
      vary true it is a place to be careful. any time you want to go up let us know. Jim is head up today, i am unable to go today.

there are a lot of gates closed up there. so you cant go to far on skyline. but you can go to Indian truck trail and go south on main divide if you want. the gates are set to reopen in November of 08 if and a big if there are no more fires this summer. i have been told that you can get a key from the forest services called an adventure key to all of the gates. if any one knows any info i would love to know how to get one. id like to volunteer to look out for fires and other suspicious activity.

i want this jeep

Comment

Its Fun Up There But You Have To Be Very Careful On Skyline Towards The Evening Hours. I Work Grave For The Local Tow Co. And We Are Dispatched Up There Often To Recover Vehicles That Have Gone Over The Side A Couple Hundred Feet Down. We Run Across A Lot Of Kids Up There Flying Down The Narrow Roads Drunk And High Out Of Their Gords.

Comment

Originally posted by ECHO View Post
          Its Fun Up There But You Have To Be Very Careful On Skyline Towards The Evening Hours. I Work Grave For The Local Tow Co. And We Are Dispatched Up There Often To Recover Vehicles That Have Gone Over The Side A Couple Hundred Feet Down. We Run Across A Lot Of Kids Up There Flying Down The Narrow Roads Drunk And High Out Of Their Gords.
          Yepp, I have seen that one many times up there.
          "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
          X