Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skyline road C.N.F

went on a short run up skyline road. it was a good day.

and this is a pic of a jeep or bronco that went off of the side of the road, look close and you can see the orange x on the roof of the car. i wonder why they put the x on the roof any thoughts.

i want this jeep

Looks like a nice day. Sure beats sitting at home! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

The Red X.......

......is usually put there by L.E. to let the next person know it has already been checked for anybody injured or a DB that way nobody has to hike down there again to check.....
      John & Kristi

Comment

OK cool thanks. that makes sense.

i want this jeep

Comment

So where is the Skyline Road near Corona? I can see Corona on a clear day so I'd love to go check this out. Can you post a map or directions to the trailhead?
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

ha 92YJ i also made a quick trip up today and checked out the view does this trail go all the way to lake elsinore ?? , oh by the way its at the end of foothill blvd when you get to the end take the last road heading south to the entrance , wouldnt mind going up again with some others hate to brake down and have to walk back .

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
              ha 92YJ i also made a quick trip up today and checked out the view does this trail go all the way to lake elsinore ?? , oh by the way its at the end of foothill blvd when you get to the end take the last road heading south to the entrance , wouldnt mind going up again with some others hate to brake down and have to walk back .
              Ah! Got it! IF there are no gates along the way, yes, there are trails that lead to Hwy 74 just outside of Lake Elsinore. I haven't been on these trails (yet), but I have been from Santiago Peak to the 74. That part of the trail is pretty heavily used on weekends. Great views, but a dusty trail.
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

yes that is the way to get there but and a big but the gate is always closed and locked, you can get a key if you want it. the key cost 50$ and you have to sign a waver. you can go to dirtopia to get some info and links to cnf web site. or if you guys want i can always go along if needed. lol. oh and you cant go to far there is a gate at beaks place. and wont be open until November. but you can always go to Indian truck trail and get to the main divide road to Elsinore.

i want this jeep

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Twister View Post
                  ......is usually put there by L.E. to let the next person know it has already been checked for anybody injured or a DB that way nobody has to hike down there again to check.....
                  Absolutely correct. A big X means it has been searched. If you look at pics of earthquakes and all, you'll see big X's on walls or doors facing the street.

Comment

made another run out there today since its almost in my back yard and what a day ... pulled out 3 (2 wheel) drive trucks and one bike trailer . the funny part was they tried getting out going thru the dried up creek bed where a stock jeep might even have a hard time these guys were crazy but had no choice since they locked the gate on them and they had no way out , next time i need to bring a camera you would not believe were they tried driving thru !!!

Comment

oh man you are a better man then me. i paid good money for my key so i feel everyone else should do the same. i want to go up tomorrow, if time and such will allow. we should hook up and take Indian truck trail south soon.

i want this jeep

Comment

how do you get a key ?? , i have a invite for big bear tommorrow if it falls thru i will hoop up with you and head up saturday .

Comment

Hey Jeremy, where was that lake at? My Dad tried to explain it to me, but since he doesn't know the area as well as you or I, it didn't make sense what he was talking about.
                          WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
                            how do you get a key ?? , i have a invite for big bear tommorrow if it falls thru i will hoop up with you and head up saturday .
                            Hey barney1, for some added fun to a simple trail, we like to crawl over the big rocks at the beginning of the trail where it looks like a culdesak. It's just something else to have fun on.
                            WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

thats cool , i wouldnt mind going back in further they say it goes all the way to lake elsinore , its best to travel in a group if something goes wrong , i live only a couple miles from the entrance so any time anyones heading that way and i dont have other plans i'm in !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X