Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Sorry I took so long to post)

As everyone has said, the weather was great and it was a great day of wheeling.

I was happy I could show a few of you some things I knew about out there, and was equally happy to see some stuff I hadn't seen before.

Here's the group at the Hair ruins. (The last name of the rancher who built it) In 1913 he built the house and damed off the stream that flowed from a natural spring. The local ranchers used that stream to feed their livestock. After he'd gone missing for some time, his son found him dead in the spring with a gunshot to the back, and his homestead burned to the ground.

This whole area contains dozens of old homestead sites, the remains of many old mines and arrastra's (Had to keep a few things to myself for future runs. heh heh) and I've been told once home to native indians. Plus it is the home to hundreds of animal species, everything from Mountain lion, Bobcat and coyote's, to snakes, lizards and desert tortoise.

This is a partial view of the mountains that may soon be covered in 400' tall windmills. It will be a shame to see a pristine valley, filled with history and wildlife forever changed.

The group hashing out an old trail that didn't pan out. (Hey what's that guy doing in my rearview mirror?!?)

I tried to get shots of everyone... But I missed a few.

When the group had gotten down towards the 247 (to take paved roads home) I split from the group and doubled back the way we came. I had planned on taking some more pictures of the backside of the mountains that will be marred with windmills, but my low gas light came on, so I high-tailed it home.

Thanks again everyone, it was fun!

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

Great photos Crash,

Thanks for posting them and thanks for being the assistant trail boss! Good stuff you showed us. See you on the next run.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
      X