Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
    Hey Joe whats the names of those trails we were on last time. the hill one and the others in that area. I cant find that map we got from the ranegr station.
    I do believe these are the three trails that are clustered together . . . Here's a pic of the main trailhead:

Pleito Creek Road - 3.5 miles, Steep challenging four-wheel drive road down a deep wooded canyon. Dead-end route.

Salt Creek Road - 3.5 miles, Steep, four-wheel drive route. A dead-end route.

Cherry Creek Road - 1.5 miles, Steep four-wheel drive road down wooded canyon. A dead-end route. Ends at Cherry Campground.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Hey is still on. Anyone need my number let me know.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Flyin J at 10.00am tommorrow? Correct? I,m gonna try my damnest to make it.So Joe ya,ll set bro? channel 29... Thanks Geeb
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
          Flyin J at 10.00am tommorrow? Correct? I,m gonna try my damnest to make it.So Joe ya,ll set bro? channel 29... Thanks Geeb

I'm not sure yet . . . I need to measure the angle on my pinion/shaft and might need to do some fine tuning. I'd love to join you guys, but am a bit hesitant going prior to checking the angle . . . I don't want to be that guy!!!

Comment

I'm in!!! See you guys in the morning. For the record, Josh, Rick, David, and I are all meeting at 9:10 right off the 118 at DeSoto . . . right under the freeway. Hey Rick your eye is pretty damn good . . . that thing is as close as I think we'll get it . . . thanks for the tool, Josh . . . gave me a bit of peace of mind . . . you know I stress! Hey Geeb . . . hope you can make it!

We'll have to do another poser shot at the trailhead so we can see the how far all our Jeeps have come since that last pic . . . that wasn't all that long ago, but lots a changes
            Last edited by Schmo; 04-11-08, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Had a great time today...thanks for getting me out there guys! So what do you guys think about going to Lake Isabella and running Sherman Pass on Sat 4/26 and Freeway Ridge Sun 4/27? Can't wait to get back up there . . . fun trails, beautiful scenery.

Before and After(during) pics:

Comment

What the.....

Look at this guys.....:omg:

He lifts it, pulls of to the side of the freeway, parks it on some grass, snaps a shot and says he hit the trail!!!

I think he just made an appearance at the Flying J, like the car clubs do....drive all the way to a location, and park in the sun for all to drool on.
                Ahh j/k....You know it looks great, but I have to give you :poop: for it.............cause.....ok....I am little jealous.......just a little.....
                But I will continue to bag on you and your lift. It's part of the 'Jeep Thing' I contracted several years back
                David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Damn David ,That,s too funny...I gotta say Joe not only has your Jeep taken a beaten so have you since your building started..the jeep does look good...where,s the pic,s guys?? or did you all do photo,s at the Flying J??lol..Geeb..
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Had a good time jeeping with you guys, nice trail just a bit over grown in spots ( SCRATCHED TO HELL ) . Joe can you still see out the windows of your soft top. I think my roof rack took half the forest with me....

Comment

Definitely added some pinstriping . . . hard to tell which ones are new. I had to polish and wax the hood anyway (thanks Josh), so I went ahead and did a mini detail session on the Jeep today . . . with a black Jeep, there's no avoiding the scratches, but she still looks good to me! I use Plastic-X or something close on the windows and it helps . . . does a better job on the finer scratches. It was good meeting you yesterday . . . hope to see you on somemore runs . . . Lake Isabella???

Comment

Isabella would be a fun run need to check when the trails open first,I think they will open sometime in May but not sure? I love those trails we ran and will go back up in a few weeks and do a little trail triming on the overgrown parts so we will fit without scratching up our rigs so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Man View Post
                          Isabella would be a fun run need to check when the trails open first,I think they will open sometime in May but not sure? I love those trails we ran and will go back up in a few weeks and do a little trail triming on the overgrown parts so we will fit without scratching up our rigs so much.

We should join a hummer board just for this purpose . . . set up runs thru their board the week before we plan to go . . . let them stuff those beasts thru there to clear out the brush!!! And give them a week to get off the trail

Comment

Those trail were a one time thing for me. I just wanted to see what was down there. Now that I know I have no need to go back down there. Anyways I looked at the aerial maps and those trails spider thru and go to other ones.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I think I like the hummer idea better...

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                                Those trail were a one time thing for me. I just wanted to see what was down there. Now that I know I have no need to go back down there. Anyways I looked at the aerial maps and those trails spider thru and go to other ones.
                                Where do they spider off at? Is it at the huge fence system that we ran into? Or in the middle somewhere?...
                                David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                                I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X