• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry the can was so limp
    must be the cold weather
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

it looks like you guys were having way too much fun out there in the sticks
      :fire:
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Stuart was possessed, we had to watch what we said around him all week. I never heard anyone use lipstick and sheep in the same sentence before.

Erik, we had a great time. Moab is off the wall beautiful. It really is a privilege to wheel in terrain like this.

Comment

This was the first time the three of us had been to Moab and there was differently a learning curve to driving on slickrock and sandstone.

None of us had heard of the 'Hell's Gate' before. For those who haven't been, you drop down a steep V notch as you round a blind corner. Just as you finish the corner there it is, Hells Gate, which at first glance looking up at it appears to be 75 yds nearly straight up or straight down depending on your state of mind at the time. To make things worse there was a tube buggie all crossed up half way up with a tire about four feet in the air just about ready to roll.

Having said all this, in reality it was a piece of cake. The trail was sticky sandstone and all you had to do was straddle the V notch.

Kurt didn't see the line, went to the left and put on a heck of a show.

I went to the right and never slipped or lifted a tire. Just straight up and out. Stuart learned from watching the two of us and decided to go up the middle anyways. He was a mess and won the award for getting the most gasps from the 40-50 spectators watching at the top. Stuart actually received a round of applause from the spectators when he exited. There isn't any pictures of Stuart or me, just video.

These pictures are shot looking down and don't look as steep as it was.

Comment

I offer this little tidbit of advice; if you value your sanity, don't go wheeling with Stuart, Andrew and me. It could be hazardous to your mental health...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
              . There isn't any pictures of Stuart or me, just video.
              so then where is this video at!?
              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                so then where is this video at!?
                It's being turned into a DVD right now. When I'm done I'll post the clips on Bucket, Youtube, Break, where ever...
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                X