Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger,

Thanks for taking the time to contact your Congressman.

If only more people were like you and not apathetic they would actually take the time to contact their congressman, "the powers that be" wouldn't be closing so much public land.

I am trying to think of a way to make it easier for people to write letters to mail to their congressman. I'll be mailing one in myself within a few days.
    Last edited by Materdaddy; 03-25-08, 09:49 AM. Reason: sentence structure... Roger = NOT apathetic... other people = apathetic
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Tam,

Please let me know of anyone or everyone to send letters to. This is a serious concern to me.

Vern,

I'm sorry but "Back Off" is the wrong approach! I explore that mining area every weekend and each day that I'm out there more and more mines have been marked and tagged for future destruction. Someone (BLM?), has spray painted location grid #'s on the face of almost every mine in the Lucerne Valley. Aside from Senator Feinstein's bill proposal, now Leah Sherzer (Mother of the slain 16 year old girl from the "Bunker" incident) has declaired that she is "on a mission to expose the dangerous places that teens may go to party". Front page of Daily Press (Sunday March 23rd 2008) High Desert section has a 2 page article with a large color picture, showing a "dangerous place"(a mining tunnel). These mining spots have been out there for 50 to over 100 years without any trouble.

This is quoted from the article:

"In an effort to destroy abandoned mine sites, a new bill has been introduced by Sen. Dianne Feinstein D-San Francisco, that would establish a fund to destroy ALL abandoned mines in the United States". "Sherzer is glad to hear Feinstein wants to do something about the abandoned mines".

I truly can't imagine the loss that Leah Sherzer has felt but this is not going to keep kids out of trouble. Parents need to know where their under age kids are at all times and monitor who they are hanging out with. Quit being the "buddy" and be the parent.
      Last edited by Mitch; 03-25-08, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
        Roger,

Thanks for taking the time to contact your Congressman.

If only more people were like you and not apathetic they would actually take the time to contact their congressman, "the powers that be" wouldn't be closing so much public land.

I am trying to think of a way to make it easier for people to write letters to mail to their congressman. I'll be mailing one in myself within a few days.
        Thanks Materdaddy,

It is so easy to contact our representitives now at all levels of government. They each have a website and through their site, you can post them an email.

Most won't answer unless you live in their district though. We need to really pour on the pressure to keep what little we have left.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
          Tam,

Please let me know of anyone or everyone to send letters to. This is a serious concern to me.

Vern,

I'm sorry but "Bsck Off" is the wrong approach! I explore that mining area every weekend and each day that I'm out there more and more mines have been marked and tagged for future destruction. Someone (BLM?), has spray painted location grid #'s on the face of almost every mine in the Lucerne Valley. Aside from Senator Feinstein's bill proposal, now Leah Sherzer (Mother of the slain 16 year old girl from the "Bunker" incident) has declaired that she is "on a mission to expose the dangerous places that teens may go to party". Front page of Daily Press (Sunday March 23rd 2008) High Desert section has a 2 page article with a large color picture, showing a "dangerous place"(a mining tunnel). These mining spots have been out there for 50 to over 100 years without any trouble.

This is quoted from the article:

"In an effort to destroy abandoned mine sites, a new bill has been introduced by Sen. Dianne Feinstein D-San Francisco, that would establish a fund to destroy ALL abandoned mines in the United States". "Sherzer is glad to hear Feinstein wants to do something about the abandoned mines".

I truly can't imagine the loss that Leah Sherzer has felt but this is not going to keep kids out of trouble. Parents need to know where their under age kids are at all times and monitor who they are hanging out with. Quit being the "buddy" and be the parent.
          Sorry wasnt directed to the open mines, they should be covered.
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

Working...
          X