Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
    It's not a special program; you just purchase an unlock code to upgrade from Quicktime Player to Quicktime Pro. It costs $29.99 and you can purchase it online from
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime
    Once you've installed the upgrade, you can cut and paste from one movie to another, and you can save the video in several different video formats such as .MOV, MPEG, .WAV
    If someone has this already, (my computers gonna puke if I add anything else to it) I'll get you the raw data from the meeting...it may be a LARGE file though.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

4:30am on a Saturday...

departing for San Diego now... hope to see you there.
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Chris and I, along with Mat and Tiff, Nick and Barb, Blaine, Joe, Sergey, his brother, Vern and Jerry attended this meeting, along with some other folks I havent met before.

The discussions started with some local land use issues. After several people got up and discussed issues like racing and renewable resources using blm lands (windmills etc), Bob got up and brought up the issue of Johnson Valley. The guys that were there discussing the issues they had with sponsored races was pretty upset that we were there

Regardless, person after person got up and asked Congressman Hunter and Director Mike Pool of the BLM (oversees all of California) to encourage the USMarines to seriously consider other directions of growth.

After passing around the petition to the attendees, we surpassed over 1000 signatures. I think there were around 150 or so people there, the wide majority there in support of Johnson Valley, based upon the signatures we received.

Congressman Hunter seemed very pleased he had something tangible to take to the Marines to show how special Johnson Valley was to all of us, far and wide. His comments on the subject were that the Marines had no idea how unique Johnson Valley was. We also invited both him and Congressman Lewis out to Johnson Valley for a day of rock crawling, to see what it was all about firsthand. We figured that if he could truly see what makes JV special, he could share our passion, thus communicate it better. He requested that we put together an album of pictures of JV. Noting the locations of the pictures on a map, with the trail names. We have already begun this process, and have MORE then enough pictures as far as we know.

Congressman Hunter and Director Pool went on to say that the Marines had requested information on all the borders of Twentynine Palms, JV being just one of them. One of the attendees encouraged them to tell the Marines that instead of "going west young man" to go EAST instead. We are in the very beginning of this planning stage. He encouraged our community to become more organized and to make it a point to stay informed. As a community well have way more say in what happens.

On that note, this petition even becomes more important. We need this to become HUGE. It becomes our voices to the USMarine Corp.

Thank you again for signing and sharing the petition. Please keep in growing!

Tam
        Last edited by JeepGal; 03-24-08, 11:24 AM.
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Tam,

Thanks for your hard work on this. BTW, I have not heard back for Congressman Jerry Lewis yet on the message I sent him when this issue first surfaced. I am meeting the new editor of the local paper here in Lucerne Valley (It's a meet & greet) and I hope to discuss JV and the Wind Mills with her. I also want to invite her on some trail rides so she can see first hand what is out here. I'm gonna ask Mitch, Great88 to help plan the trip, he has done outstanding work in exploring and documenting the JV area (Mitch - you in!?)
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Sorry I could'nt be there but thank you guys for going out there and making our voices heard.
            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Tam, thanks for the summary. You guys rock! I'm really glad the petition had an impact - that is such great news.
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

i signed the petition but couldn't make it down on saturday (jeep's fault not mine).

glad to hear it went well and please keep us all posted on what else we can do to help.
                03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Sarah, what was that apple thing you used to make the book for your folks? it would be a great way to organize the JV photos for the congressman.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                    Sarah, what was that apple thing you used to make the book for your folks? it would be a great way to organize the JV photos for the congressman.
                    I agree, but they can get pricey. Would look really nice and professional however.
                    http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/printproducts.html

How much info we want to showcase. Tam do you have a plan for this yet?

Comment

from what I know there's supposed to be 25 pictures with gps location. I was thinking full page pic on left with map location and caption on opposite page. just a thought.
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Roger,

Let me know if you want some help showing her around. I have an empty seat and definitely knoe the area. But I will only show the special places if she is "on board" with keep the public lands open to the public. Senator Feinstein is trying to pass a bill that allow her to spend $2.5 million to bring in dozers to cover, fill in, and destroy the mines in the area. I don't need someone to protect me from myself when I go out. What a waste of tax payer money especially when the state has such a huge deficit. Oh how I love liberals!

Comment

part of the reason they want to fill in the mines and bulldoze crap is because the kids party at some of those places (teenagers) I guess some have gotten hurt, and of course you have that double murder that we had out here at the bunker. Kids are gonna do what they do anywhere they can, and it is not the place that does the murdering, just as it was not the shotgun that did it... it was the twisted dudes that were out there doing the buisnes, but blame the environment, because they can do something about that to make themselves look like they are taking action.
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                            Tam,

Thanks for your hard work on this. BTW, I have not heard back for Congressman Jerry Lewis yet on the message I sent him when this issue first surfaced. I am meeting the new editor of the local paper here in Lucerne Valley (It's a meet & greet) and I hope to discuss JV and the Wind Mills with her. I also want to invite her on some trail rides so she can see first hand what is out here. I'm gonna ask Mitch, Great88 to help plan the trip, he has done outstanding work in exploring and documenting the JV area (Mitch - you in!?)
                            You guys need to back off. Theres other people working on this. Find out who they are and support them. Tam can point you in the right direction...Theres going to be to many hands in the cookie jar....
                            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                            WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Britain View Post
                              You guys need to back off. Theres other people working on this. Find out who they are and support them.
                              What? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

Comment

Originally posted by Britain View Post
                                You guys need to back off. Theres other people working on this. Find out who they are and support them. Tam can point you in the right direction...Theres going to be to many hands in the cookie jar....
                                Actually Vern-

I think its great that he has already written his Congressman. The more publicity this receives the better. We're all good, no one needs to back off.

I think he has several things he is concerned about, not just JV.

Roger, please make sure that you stay active and informed as to what we are doing as well.

For now, the perfect place to start is with your congressman.

Roger and Vern, I sincerely appreciate all of your support and passion, keep it coming!

Tam
                                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
                                X