Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike, if/when you go - take lots of pictures (GPS coordinates will help too). I may need to get a "crew" on some of that (dr dirty's pix look like an accident waiting for an opportunity)
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

jeff, it looks like i will definitely be heading there on saturday and will bring the camera and keep you posted on the conditions of whatever trails we run. if there is anything easy to take care of, such as moving some debris on the trail, we may just go ahead and remedy the situation or at least clear enough so others can pass.
      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

WOW! i'm actually pretty shocked the trail got that bad!

I know the spot in the picture there. but the rut is slightly worse than i last saw it.

I'f you guys end up going up there to fix the trail i'd be willing to help. i'm about 15 minutes from the trailhead.
        Rugged Rocks Off Road Nissan 4x4 stuff

Comment

Fixing that trail would be the responsibility of the AAT club that has it.....
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Hey Mike, if you have difficulty getting past the rock slide point on the trail up from the 15, there is another way into the trail.

Backtrack to the 15 and go north to the 138 exit. Go east up the winding road until you top the crest. At the top the road will slowly go down hill to a straightaway. Just as the straightaway starts there will be signs for OHV use. Turn Right onto Little Horsethief Cyn (dirt) Road. Follow the trail uphill to where it meets the Cleghorn Fire Road. This is the intersection that the first side trail starts.

I won't be able to join you, but I bet that you are going to have a great time when you go. Good Luck!
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

cleghorn conditions

i ran cleghorn on saturday from the 15 freeway, and my group as well as 2 other groups were not able to pass through more than 1/2 of the fire road due to deep snow drifts that had accumulated on the trail. i didn't even run any of the bypasses, however i know that some of the lower elevation ones were passable by midday. once you reach snow line, you can forget about the bypasses.

there is also a pretty nasty washout near the bottom of the trail that you can just squeeze by. there is a bypass but it would be very difficult to take if it's wet at all.

i would not recommend running this trail in the rain, or until some of the snow melts. i think there is more snow falling this weekend and possibly next weekend.
              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
                i ran cleghorn on saturday
                Where are your pictures?
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

SO I guess I shoulda' read this thread first but anyone up for a run on Saturday or is it still in bad shape?

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...5820#post95820
                  “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                  -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Don't worry Paul. There's more than one way to get up Cleghorn.
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X