Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleghorn conditions?

has anyone heard what has happened to cleghorn (just the fireroad), from the past storm?

I may be running this trail next weekend but have heard rumor that even the fire road is washed out in one section, possibly beyond passable conditions, and the trail may be covered in a large amount of snow before you get to the steep downhill portions on the silverwood lake side...
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

I had someone call me last week with some "prolbems" he found on that trail - I'll ping him and see if I can get a written account.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I have not been on the trail since the rains, but the lower gate is open and there has been daily use. From Hwy 138 near Silverwood, it looks like lots of snow on top around the trail.

Comment

i ran it 2 weeks ago it was good but havent been out since this last rain
        :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

heres some pics form the jk sight from a guy who went last weekend
          [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Did the guy in the JK mention how he got into that position? Looks nasty! I'm not familiar with that trail but looking at the second pic, he's way to the left of where the tracks seem to be . . . is it steep or off camber where he could have just slid over?
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

he said the trail just fell away cleghorn is a big windy trail intertwined witha jeep trail and he was headed on one of the jeep trails

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                he said the trail just fell away cleghorn is a big windy trail intertwined witha jeep trail and he was headed on one of the jeep trails
                Scott, is that the same guy that did Gold Mountain with us?
                Check out .

Comment

Oh boy, I sure hope he had a change of shorts with him.
                  I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

Nope its a diff guy I'm sure it felt pretty scary in the jeep LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                      I know exactly where that spot is. To the right is the fire road, and where the JK was headed is the side trail. (Note: There are NO tire tracks in the side trail).

My guess is that the ground didn't give way, but the frozen ground gave no traction and he slid into this position. Had the JK stayed on the fire road, I doubt that he would have had problems at this point. This is only about two thirds of the way up the first part of the mtn and about one fifth of the way along the fire road.

With the recent weather, the snow at this point is probably low or gone. Maddmike, you climbed the V-Notch (which is higher than this point) in the MUD. I'm sure that you can make the fire road with your experience and skill in snow deeper than this.

Go for it!
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                        Maddmike, you climbed the V-Notch (which is higher than this point) in the MUD. I'm sure that you can make the fire road with your experience and skill in snow deeper than this.
                        Go for it!
                        the ONLY thing that is at least partially worrying to me is if the trail happens to be washed out to impassable conditions (even if dry) past even a few of the steep, notched downhill sections towards the 138, and the group would have to backtrack up those hills.

but yeah the more i think about it i'm pretty sure it will be a fun ride

Comment

hmmm he is lucky. and pics of what is down there.
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Here's what my source had:

"basicly theres about 5 culverts that are full of mud and rocks etc 2 small washed out spots one about 3/4 mile in other just a bit further and there is a huge boulder you can see slipped a bit towards the road, and a small land/rock slide that was making it unpassable by stock 4x4's about a mile in from the 15 freeway"

Still waiting to see if they have any pictures.
                            Jeff
                            OHV76V
                            KG6TY
                            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

well if the trail is only blocked at least it won't be a safety issue. thanks for the update

Comment

Working...
                              X