Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
    ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!?
    How many times have I posted up this month asking if anyone wants to go out there? and then you guys go and not say anything? I see how it is....

well im going this friday again...
    Dude, that trail is so freaking fun when it's wet! One of these days we'll hook it up out there, fer sher....:thumbs_up
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
      Mike,

Excellent photo's and report! Looks like a fun trail. Kurt is such a STUD. I always get on the ground and crawl under my Jeep to check the rear diff and underside, I never thought to just lift up the rear end of the Jeep that way. Very Cool, Kurt.
      Joy shot video of that mess. We watched it when we got back to thier house and it just confirmed what I knew right then and there. Without Mike playing bumper cowboy, I was going ass over tea kettle! That was a freaking blast! No doubt about it!

Comment

Nice pics Kurt. Macros look great. This trail looks like a blast. My list is getting longer...shouldn't it shorter?
        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          Thanks for the pics and report Mike. Looks like a place I'll have to get out to. Obviously the rain made things more interesting, but how would you rate the trail under normal, dry conditions? Any trails that we've gone on that you'd compare it's difficulty to?
          Ya know, it's always tough to compare trail difficulty because everyone perceives the trails differently. But from my perspective, Sidewinder is like a cool amusement park ride. The very short trail twists and winds around (probably where it got its name) to hit every interesting obstacle in the area. So the thrills come at you quickly. Technically, I'd say it is similar to Holcomb Creek.

Bronco Peak is really two trails in one. The uphill side that we ran has some cool obstacles on it that make the trail very unique. I'd say that techically, it is a little tougher than Gold Mountain.

The down hill side is a totally different world. The trail has some pretty tough obstacles but coupling that with all of them being close together and on a slope or shelf... well, it makes it pretty damn scarey in spots. I would say that the downhill run is the toughest trail that I have done so far. It is short and intense. I'd put it a solid step more technical than John Bull.

Just my opinion though. I'd love to hear other folk's thoughts....
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
            Hey Miguelito, you are the main reason that I wanted to check out these trails. You keep talking about them so I had to find a way to drive them. Kurt and I were talking about you on the trail. We were wondering if you had driven it on Saturday.

I thought that you have always said that Sundays were bad for you or I would have suggested sending you a PM.
            im just jealous I never get to wheel with you guys due to some reason or another. So, I go when ever I can. Most of the time I end up going by myself. It sucks, and if anything ever happen....it would suck even more. But yea when I get the itch...I just gotta get out there!
            How about this sat? morn?
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Almost forgot, this is what happens at the Oostra Ranch when you turn 50...

OOOps! Forgot to rotate it...

Comment

That looked like a fun day. Last year we did Bronco just after it rained going up. Prob wasnt the smartest thing we did that day.....

Best of all when it rains theres no dust! And that place is really dusty!
                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  Joy shot video of that mess. We watched it when we got back to thier house and it just confirmed what I knew right then and there. Without Mike playing bumper cowboy, I was going ass over tea kettle! That was a freaking blast! No doubt about it!

Trying to get the right connections to the camera....we'll get it up somehow. Its awesome!
                  "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

We will be marking new trails with the ranger this weekend. We have some good stuff off the bronco peak trail and were going to try and get open. Mostly all rock stuff. If this is approved it certainly will add a difficult twist to the trail....

Looks like TDS has had a crew out looking also. With the past fire burn more areas are visable, which makes for some good scouting.

Lets see...
                    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                    WEB site

Comment

hey! I just got back from a small evening/night run up at Bronco Peak. got to test out my new rock lights. Trail was a bit wet for my liking but still tons of fun. Next time you know in advance, I would like to meet up and help where ever I could.
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

We started the search coming up from the bottom of Bronco. It was wet and muddy. There was already jeepers stuck on the rock garden at the bottom. We dragged them out of the way and continued up the hill.

It was a real slippery mess all the way up. Marco blew out a universal and took out a front dana 60 ax. He also just purchased a new fish eye lens for his Cannon camera. I'm looking forward to those shots. HE got most of the good shots

Heres some pics and one of the new trails we tagged out. We kept this trail on the rocks of course there a couple more tagged out which will be fun also

Pics Here
                        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                        WEB site

Comment

Cool! Great pics. Looks like you guys are cutting new trails, is that right? Corral Canyon could use some more Jeep trails. Options are pretty limited right now.

I see the map, but what trail does the one that you show start from?

[/COLOR]

Comment

cool! I think I might have met Marco in JV. I met up with Brice there. you guys have some cool jeeps. I cant believe he busted a 60 axle. Can you tell me where it happened. When I went up to Bronco the other night it was very wet and had to winch once. Fun trail though!

Please post up when you are going back up there and defining more of the new trails! looks awesome!

Comment

Bronco Rat

Lets see if this works....
                              Ok...doesn't work.
                              http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ga...age.php?i=3577

Try this.
                              Last edited by Mtbikbob; 02-03-08, 02:35 PM. Reason: imput
                              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                                Lets see if this works....
                                Ok...doesn't work.
                                http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ga...age.php?i=3577

Try this.
                                Holy Smoke! I was hanging off the bumber so I couldn't see how close Kurt was to going over! That's a cool video.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X