This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
    You just posted that so we could see your guns... haha looks like Brian got the lighter side
    Yeah, I remember when I had guns.... :rollseyes:

Now I sit behind a computer and lost my guns and any strength I ever had... I need to go to the gym since I don't work manual labor anymore!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
      You just posted that so we could see your guns... haha looks like Brian got the lighter side
      I was wondering who that is checking out your tushie ???
      moon buggy
      5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

It is a geocaching CITO event as well.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-7cccaa08eef6
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I was there last year, and it was great…

http://www.yopo4x4.com/index.php?mod...&id=23&eid=156

Is really cool to do “something” for the land that we enjoy so much…

This year, I’m currently trying to figure out the overheating problem that I had…
          It looks like fan clutch is not working properly, needs to be replaced, and therefore, the tranny hose that goes to radiator is leaking oil…and that’s a bummer…

So, I’m not sure if I can make it this year…

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
            It is a geocaching CITO event as well.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-7cccaa08eef6
            Very cool. Glad to see the participation.
            Check out .

Comment

*IMPORTANT*

February, 1, 2008

We received this today from the BLM Barstow Field Office.

"Unfortunately the permit for the Calico Poker Run has been denied. The BLM resource staff said that the poker run course is in a limited use area and runs through critical tortoise habitat. In order to permit this type of use they are going to require a complete environmental assessment rather than a categorical exclusion (CX). The CX means that there is no affect. They cannot sign off and say there is no affect without further consultation with the US Dept. of Fish and Wildlife Services. This is a lengthy process that takes a minimum of six months."

The clean up will go on as scheduled. The poker run on Sunday has been canceled as of todays' date. The Calico Clean Up committee wants to encourage a trail run after the raffle on Saturday afternoon or perhaps on Sunday for those wishing to explore the beautiful Calico Mountains.

This is a minor set back but our goal is to remain focused on the clean up and work closely with BLM to maintain and keep the Calico area open for access to all recreationalists. We appreciate your volunteer efforts and sincere cooperation to make this a successful event.

Should you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please direct them to the calico clean up committee at www.calicocleanup.com

Mark Watkins
              Event Organizer

And on a side note...

It is absolutely incredible to see the attendee datasheet with all of the MJR supporters signed up and willing to lend a hand. Outstanding collective effort!

..and Kurt, Thanks again for working so diligently and thinking outside the box. Mucho appreciated!
              Last edited by FJ Crawlin'; 02-01-08, 01:59 PM.
              "run forest, run!"

Comment

The bureaucratic red tape that both the USFS and the BLM employ to obtain proper permits to stage events on public land is very frustrating. Between the bond and insurance required and the 6 month maze of ologists that the paperwork must navigate through, it is no wonder that very few organizations actually seek permits.

As hard as we all try to play by the rules, this is just one more example of why we continue to stage off public lands. As long as the poker run starts and ends off BLM land and the vehicles run the course in small groups I believe we are not breaking any laws. That is how it is done in the forest.
                Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Frustrating is quite the under statement for the committee members that have worked tirelessly to make this happen. And we're not even an organization. Just a few knuckleheads trying to give back. Enough said...

Eitherway we're gonna keep this thread positive and take the high road.

Mark

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                  The bureaucratic red tape that both the USFS and the BLM employ to obtain proper permits to stage events on public land is very frustrating. Between the bond and insurance required and the 6 month maze of ologists that the paperwork must navigate through, it is no wonder that very few organizations actually seek permits.

As hard as we all try to play by the rules, this is just one more example of why we continue to stage off public lands. As long as the poker run starts and ends off BLM land and the vehicles run the course in small groups I believe we are not breaking any laws. That is how it is done in the forest.
                  "run forest, run!"

Comment

I’ve been participating in events on BLM land for a long time and I know how hard it is to get the permits for these organized runs. With some of them the work for the next years event begins the day after that year’s event. This is cause it takes so long to get through all the red tape. The critical tortoise habitats are a real challenge because the Sierra Club has to have their people out watching to make sure the participants are not violating the tortoises. One of the events I participate in has about 60 miles of critical tortoise habitats (I have yet to see a tortoise on this run). I would bet that a majority of the people that sign up for the Calico Clean up are going for the clean up itself. It’s going to be a great event.
                    Check out .

Comment

So lets get this straight. 300 rigs can go out Saturday and clean up the area.(critical tortoise habitats)But on Sunday the same area is now out of bounds. Did the tortoises go on vacation for the Saturday event? Or did the BLM get what they wanted and now they don't need you anymore.....

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                        The critical tortoise habitats are a real challenge because the Sierra Club has to have their people out watching to make sure the participants are not violating the tortoises. .

we don't wanna violate them tortoise
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I think we could get a good group who would like to do a Saturday night run

Comment

Night run....I am there. Did it in December, had my buddy with a spotlight spotting me.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by calduc View Post
                              Night run....I am there. Did it in December, had my buddy with a spotlight spotting me.
                              Just as long as I don't have to ride in front of you with all them damn lights...:thumbs_up
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Will there be an MJR camping area, or is everyone planning on just the day?

Comment

Working...
                                X