Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map?

Looks like a good time Doug, you got any Maps of the area you did, and we will do? It would seem like you might? LOL, I can only hope your humor is as dry as mine. BTW I dig your rig.
    Best, Max7
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
      Looks like a good time Doug, you got any Maps of the area you did, and we will do? It would seem like you might? LOL, I can only hope your humor is as dry as mine. BTW I dig your rig.
      Best, Max7
      I was at the shop all day Sunday getting ready to re-open on Monday after the holidays. The pics were from friends at NAXJA.

The trail they ran is on the map on post #37 at this thread: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...?t=7732&page=3
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Ready!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Is there a time and place that we are meeting saturday ?
          moon buggy
          5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Well, I can definately tell you folks that we will NOT be going up 3N06 to Baldy Notch on the 12th, given the amount of snow currently on that trail. I'll reschedule this run for a time with a wee bit less snow.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Does that mean we are not having a snow run this saturday ?
              moon buggy

Comment

Ideas For A New Run?

Well disappointment aside, Jeff is looking out for our safety which is the honorable thing to do! As Mike said in a very recent telephone conversation, " We've got a commited group that want's to go wheel'in this Sat.the 12th." Since we already have folks ready to go, lets come up with some good ideas for a different trail run on Sat. the 12th. Everyone that was signed up is locked and has the capability for a "challenging trail" so what should we do? Snow no snow? John Bull Night Run?? :wink: Ha, Calico, Pumpkin Eater,... All ideas welcome!
                Best, Max7
                Last edited by Max7; 01-07-08, 07:54 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Just for anyones information, I took a pair of truck chains ( Trail Blazers, size 295x75x22.5 - 285x75x24.5 - 275x80x24.5 ) And cut them to fit my 36 inch Super swampers, actual hieght of tire when inflated. This required cutting one cross section link off of the chain. these chains are called Cam Lock chains, so once you hook them on the inside, hook the outside, then just twist the cams and it tightens them up. These fit really well with my size of tire. You can get them at a truck stop for around $65.00. Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                    Well, I can definately tell you folks that we will NOT be going up 3N06 to Baldy Notch on the 12th, given the amount of snow currently on that trail. I'll reschedule this run for a time with a wee bit less snow.
                    I am very disappointed. I have been wanting to drive that trail for a long time. Jeff, Please post this run again when you think that it will be safe enough, I'd love to join you.

Well.... As Max said, now what? We have a good group of very capable rigs ready to go Jeepin' on Saturday. Any ideas on where to go?

I think that the limited access trail and the snow was attacting most of us. Do we still want to get a run together in the snow? Are there other ideas out there?
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

My wife and kids were looking forward to a snow run. Is there somewhere else we could go with snow close by ?
                      moon buggy

Comment

If we did something closer my way I might be interested.
                        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

If snow is the desired goal, then based on the weather forecast that we have currently, it is going to need to be a trail at a high altitude. There are other trails off of 3N06 but I'm not sure that they will still have snow below the gated trail. I can run up the canyon later this week to check, if there is interest.

John Bull should still have snow. Dishpan Springs might still have snow by Saturday. I haven't run any of the trails around Frazier Park so I can't say if there are suitable trails that will still have snow.

As for me, I'm open to whatever. Any thoughts on these or other ideas?
                          Last edited by Mike; 01-07-08, 10:48 PM.
                          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

I think im going up to Gorman to mess around on weds. I looked on the weather website for Frazier park and looks like they have some snow. not sure how much and if its worth a "snow run"
                            http://www.frazierparkinfo.com/snowcond.htm
                            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I heard Frazier got snow over the weekend, i want to do Miller in the snow but you'll probably want to call the rangers and get the actual report on that.
                              02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

I'm good for John Bull, Dish Pan, Miller, whatever. I just want to get out in the Jeep! It's been way too long.
                                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X