Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute Snow??? Run

Highway 420 and I didn't make it out last weekend and are itching to not only hit the trail, but if possible some SNOW:bolt: We were thinking of running some of the fairly easy trails that we went on with Russ a few months back up in Frazier Park. I recall the general consensus was that the trails would be much more interesting with rain or snow . . . and the time seems to have arrived!!! We haven't really decided on which trails to run but there's plenty of easy to moderate runs to choose from that we are pretty familiar with . . . this will be both of our Jeeps 1st time in the snow (mine's only even seen mud once), so we're not looking to run Miller or get too crazy. As always, the more the merrier so come on out and join us and bundle up cuz it's gonna be cold up there!!! Post up if you'd like to meet up with us and we'll figure out the details.

Hope some of ya can make it!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

I think I'll join you. Geebo and I were planning on going more local than that, because I'm not confident my Jeep is 100% yet...but this trip sounds good.

I'll even bring the keys to my place in Frazier Park, so maybe we can enjoy a warming before the trip home (hey...my CJ doesn't even have heat!!!)

If its cool with Geebo, then I'm 100% in.

Comment

Sound,s really good to me I,m in..so I,ll give Steve a call(Sar Jeeper) that is, cancel our little trip and join in..My jeep saw snow last year but was afraid to go in it..LOL. See ya tommorow morning guys..Geeb..
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

i should be there.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Hey there, Joe, thanks for the heads-up! Sounds like fun, but I haven't checked out and repaired the ZJ since Ocotber's GSSW event in AZ. Need to do that before taking it out again. Have a good one, and keep the shiny side up!

Gary
          Gary
          '97 ZJ - lifted, locked & loaded

Comment

Sweet!!! Glad to hear that you guys are in. I'll be heading over to David's (Hwy420) house after work to hopefully give him a hand at installing his new wench . . . anybody know if most wench plates will fit on the stock TJ bumper or if the sway bar has to be relocated??? Anyway, we'll be sure to post up the meeting place and time this evening . . . if anyone has any suggestions, post up. I think you all have my cell, so call me or shoot me a PM if needed.

Comment

joe i wouldlike to go but!!!! no roof im topless and no doors il freeeeeze my a$$ off but thanks for asking il take a rain cheak lol :bonk:i mean a no rain cheak lol sounds like fun though
              :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Details

Alright here's what we were thinking . . . how about we meet at the Denny's in Sylmar at 8:30. It's right off the 5 FWY, just north of where the 405 merges with the 5, exit on Roxford, you can't miss it on your right. We'll be on channel 29. David and Josh can meet at my house at 8 and then we'll cruise over to Denny's and meet up with Geeb, Steve, and any last minute additions at 8:30. I figured this way we'd all be together heading up the mountain in case there are any delays, especially with Steve not having any heat in his CJ, I didn't want him hangin out in the cold! Let me know if that works for everybody.

Josh-just call me when you exit on DeSoto and I'll tell you how to get to my house.

Joe - Schmo
                David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

are we gonna eat before. or should i eat before i meet ya'll
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Hey, remember the song, "I Can't Drive 55"

Seriously, I CAN'T drive 55! You guys will have to have patience with me!

Comment

Steve - No worries man . . . as long as we make it to the trail and have a good time . . . the rest doesn't matter to me!

Josh - I wasn't planning on stopping for Breakfast, but there's a McDonald's next to Denny's and some places up in Frazier Park if you wanted to do a drive by.

See ya in the morning!

Comment

PM,D ya Joe I,ll be there 8:30 see ya,s in the morning...Geeb
                        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I Will Have To Play Catch Up To You Guys Or Not At All Will Call.
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by calduc View Post
                            I Will Have To Play Catch Up To You Guys Or Not At All Will Call.

Got your PM, don't worry about your bank card, we can stop on the way or I'll spot you. Hope you can make it!

Comment

I flew over you guys this morning around 10:00A. Looks like a little snow up there, and the air is clear! Looks like a great day to wheel at Miller. Can't wait to see pics!
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X