Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Rubicon Trip?

Does anyoone know if MJR is planning a Rubicon trip for 2008??? I want to go but have to start planning now.

Thanks All

I am definitely intersted too. Id like a lot of time in advance to plan as well

Comment

The Rubicon is at the top of my list . . . would be awesome to get a full blown MJR run together. When is the best time of year to get up there?
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
        The Rubicon is at the top of my list . . . would be awesome to get a full blown MJR run together. When is the best time of year to get up there?
        Usually July, just prior to the Jeep Safari. You really don't want a full blown event. About 5 Jeeps is perfect. More than that and things get crowded and slow.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
          Usually July, just prior to the Jeep Safari. You really don't want a full blown event. About 5 Jeeps is perfect. More than that and things get crowded and slow.
          Agreed with Al. We've usually run it with around 10, which isn't a problem as long as everyone is 100% prepared and the rigs are well-built. 5 or 6 would be ideal.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
            Agreed with Al. We've usually run it with around 10, which isn't a problem as long as everyone is 100% prepared and the rigs are well-built. 5 or 6 would be ideal.
            i wanna go this year.
            i'm still missing it, havng not gone on the last one.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

We really want to go, but June 15th due date = no go for us in July (or probably any other month next year)...

We'll probably have to wait until '09 to make a Rubicon trip (leave baby at grandma's).
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                i wanna go this year.
                i'm still missing it, havng not gone on the last one.
                I'll be up for another run on the "con".

Comment

I'd like to finally make it on the Rubicon. Let us know when the dates are finalized.
                  Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                    We really want to go, but June 15th due date = no go for us in July (or probably any other month next year)...

We'll probably have to wait until '09 to make a Rubicon trip (leave baby at grandma's).
                    And so it begins.....

Just kidding! Completely understandable, I recall the first year my little girl was born...I barely left the house except to work!
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Oh baby!

We are due Dec 15 what ten days, and the wife and I are going for the baby Mastercraft 3rd seat after one year, but even sooner we will just use the rear facing infant carrier in the back seat. We will wait a couple months until she has neck control, or get her a Hans device... then she's going wheelin.
                      Best, Max7
                      Last edited by Max7; 12-04-07, 09:41 PM. Reason: cause
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

How about July 18,19,20??? The Jamboree is the 12th of august.

Comment

Some thoughts to chew on.

These guys from ROF did the Rubicon Trail, Aug 24-26, 2007 here are some of their notes.
                          "We changed plans at the last minute by tweaking a couple of details of our trip based on a couple of great recommendations. Instead of staging at Loon Lake, we staged at Wentworth Springs. I'm glad we did as this was some of the best wheeling of the trip. The second detail was that we didn't camp at Miller Lake the second night but rather at Rubicon Springs." And...(in case you're wondering if the Rubicon can be run on 33s)!
                          Best, Max7
                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We did it this year starting on a Sunday , get out Tuesday. My first time but the best time with a great bunch of guys. There was NOBODY there with us, we were totally alone out there.
                            moon buggy
                            5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                              We did it this year starting on a Sunday , get out Tuesday. My first time but the best time with a great bunch of guys. There was NOBODY there with us, we were totally alone out there.
                              Thats a really good idea! Also why I camp In the middle of the week! Your killin me with the 60's. Hope the family is well. Best, Max7

Comment

Working...
                              X