Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubicon is at the top of my list. Hopefully I'll have my winch by next summer and I will most certianly be down for a run.
    Check out .

Comment

I'm in. Already got the time off work!!
      That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
        Rubicon is at the top of my list. Hopefully I'll have my winch by next summer and I will most certianly be down for a run.
        You don't need no stinking winch for the Rubicon.

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
        Usually July, just prior to the Jeep Safari. You really don't want a full blown event. About 5 Jeeps is perfect. More than that and things get crowded and slow.
        I went last year with 400 rigs in one day no problem. Jeepers Jamboree just lots of fun.
        Last edited by steveyos; 12-06-07, 12:03 AM.
        Steve
        Cal 4 Central District Sec/Tres
        1992 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon YJ

Comment

Originally posted by steveyos View Post
          I went last year with 400 rigs in one day no problem. Jeepers Jamboree just lots of fun.
          You can have it. That just doesnt sound like fun to me. Even 40 would suck. Too many people pushing to get through a trail that was intended to be enjoyed at a leasurely pace.

A few years back, we took through 15 I think. Everyone was well prepared. We had a wonderful trip. The down side is that its truly hard to make sure that everyone in your group is equipped to make the run, and prepared for trail breakage and repair. What we found out was that the more lenient we were in setting guidelines, the more time we spend on trail repairs and less time enjoying our vacation. Not that we dont mind doing the occasional trail repair, we actually enjoy it. But when you spend time doing repairs on someones rig that probably shouldnt have been there in the first place, or whose rig had problems even before hitting the trail, that just plain sucks.

More then likely we will have another MJR run at the end of July, but it will most likely be limited to 15 rigs, with priority given to those who have been on in the previous years, and then opened by invitation to well equipped rigs and experienced drivers.

That being said, there is nothing saying someone else may start a second (or even third) Rubicon trip...I think last year there were two planned.

Probably more information then you asked for...sorry to ramble.

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
            You can have it. That just doesnt sound like fun to me. Even 40 would suck. Too many people pushing to get through a trail that was intended to be enjoyed at a leasurely pace.

A few years back, we took through 15 I think. Everyone was well prepared. We had a wonderful trip. The down side is that its truly hard to make sure that everyone in your group is equipped to make the run, and prepared for trail breakage and repair. What we found out was that the more lenient we were in setting guidelines, the more time we spend on trail repairs and less time enjoying our vacation. Not that we dont mind doing the occasional trail repair, we actually enjoy it. But when you spend time doing repairs on someones rig that probably shouldnt have been there in the first place, or whose rig had problems even before hitting the trail, that just plain sucks.

More then likely we will have another MJR run at the end of July, but it will most likely be limited to 15 rigs, with priority given to those who have been on in the previous years, and then opened by invitation to well equipped rigs and experienced drivers.

That being said, there is nothing saying someone else may start a second (or even third) Rubicon trip...I think last year there were two planned.

Probably more information then you asked for...sorry to ramble.

Tam
            Well said.
            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
              the more time we spend on trail repairs and less time enjoying our vacation. Not that we dont mind doing the occasional trail repair, we actually enjoy it. But when you spend time doing repairs on someones rig that probably shouldnt have been there in the first place, or whose rig had problems even before hitting the trail, that just plain sucks.
              This is exactly why I wouldn't take my rig. I still feel bad for the IDTT run that I broke the rear spider gears on. Everyone came back down the trail and the day was pretty much over at that point. I'd REALLY hate to be "that guy" on a rubicon trip.

That being said, I DO plan to run the Rubicon before I retire in 2009 and leave California.
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
                ... and leave California.
                Don't do it... Michigan is TOO COLD (and no wheeling)!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by steveyos View Post

People arriving in camp at midnight isn't a problem??? You can have the Jamboree. Way too many people to have a good time.
                  1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                    People arriving in camp at midnight isn't a problem??? You can have the Jamboree. Way too many people to have a good time.
                    You are right thats why we got in line about 20-40 back and it was still a slow go. There were alot of well built rigs but lacked drivers to match and some that should have no have not made the trip. It was a diffrent kinka trip from anything I had ever done. Also we were number two in line out on Sunday and became number one out when the one in front broke. Have fun great trail.
                    Steve
                    Cal 4 Central District Sec/Tres
                    1992 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon YJ

Comment

It would be alot of fun i,m sure,and I,ve wanted to go since I,ve been around here..But like alot of you folks have said and I agree way to many people..Oh well I,ll get there someday..Maybe even next year..Geeb
                      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

The club I am a member of has a run planned for February. Starting at Wentworth and heading in. I dont think I will go. There is plenty of snow runs closer to home.
                        I will hope to see you guys this year as the NorCal Crawlers always run the Rubicon the same weekend as MJR.
                        Work got in the way last summer, so I could not attend.
                        It would be great to see some of you again.
                        T
                        456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

The weekend of July 19/20 is going to be a Friends of the Rubicon Work weekend. They could have up to 100 people to work on the trail. Not sure what end of the trial yet, as that will be worked out in Feb 2008 at a FOTR meeting in Sac.

I will most likely be attending that, and will post that info when I get it.

Todd
                          Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                          Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I am thinking of going out to cali this spring and would love to run the rubicon while I am there. Is it usually melted out by late april? I know different years are different but, my plans can be flexible also.
                            '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

anyone still thinking of the dates. Is already Feb.
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I also im wondering if anyone is going to run it. My cousin lives in Auburn so i was going to stay at his place then head up the trail. Let me know date both my cousin and I would love to go.
                                02' TJ 4.0 5 speed, Atlas II transfer case, 4.5 RE, 33" BFG, Dana 44 Rear, Detroit front/rear

Comment

Working...
                                X