Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about matt's second annual Holcomb creek BBQ? we can do that anywhere...
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
      My local club had planned on running Cleghorn this month. Who would one call for status verification?
      http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/

Arrowhead Ranger Station
      28104 Highway 18
      P.O. Box 350
      Skyforest, CA 92385
      (909)382-2782 (voice)

Cajon Ranger Station
      1209 Lytle Creek Road
      Lytle Creek, CA 92358
      (909) 382-2850 (voice)
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
        http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/

Arrowhead Ranger Station
        28104 Highway 18
        P.O. Box 350
        Skyforest, CA 92385
        (909)382-2782 (voice)

Cajon Ranger Station
        1209 Lytle Creek Road
        Lytle Creek, CA 92358
        (909) 382-2850 (voice)
        Thank you!
        -Bob
        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Bob,

There is still "caution tape" and a barricade across the trail head at Cleghorn & 15 Fwy. There is no reason that this trail should be closed, but it is. The mountains have been dry and fire prone for over a year and trail users haven't started recent fires. When OUR trails open up, I'll post it.

Comment

Mitch,

Don't know what you consider "recent", but the Old Fire (late 2003) was caused by a careless off-roader (no spark arrestor), and that one had 11.6 million in direct costs (and about a billion in total costs).

Have a little more patience, we may open the forest as early as next week (as soon as I have anything official, I promise MJR will be the first to know)

In the meantime, everyone needs to respect the closure.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              There is no reason that this trail should be closed, but it is.
              I don't always agree with the decisions that the SBNF makes. I respect their temporary closures. The SBNF has a long history of re-opening areas in a timely manner once their staff weighed all the impact factors involved.
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Well, "we" could always use the method that most other National Forests use. Close everything for high fire danger season, close every trail once it gets any snow on it, close every trail that's rain rutted......
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY

Comment

You tell 'em Jeff!! LOL I'll stick to Calico, Stoddard Wells, Johnson Valley, and El Mirage while you forest workers make it SAFE for me to travel on the trails in the SBNF again

Comment

I'm still upset that management didn't consider my request to put the ordinance back on the AH-1 (I even offered to supply the bolts)
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

Heard today on the local news that the SBNF has been re-opened, as to some of the 4x4 trails ,no clue
                      06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                      07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Look in the "SBNF Closed" thread mrchips
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

This is the latest list from the SBNF website:

Butler 2 Fire - Road, Trail and Recreational Facility Closures.
                          Butler Peak Lookout
                          Grays Peak Trail & Trailhead
                          Hanna Flat Trail
                          Hanna Flat Campground
                          Big Pine Flat Campground
                          Grays Peak Group Campground
                          Ironwood Group Campground
                          Big Pine Flat Group Campground
                          Little Bear Springs Trail Camp
                          1W17 Redonda Ridge OHV Route
                          2N06X
                          3N11
                          2N13 Snowslide and spur roads / Trails
                          3N14 and spur roads / Trails - Closed from Fawnskin to 3N16, Access to Horse Springs / Shay Mountain area is via Bowen Ranch Road, or High Road via Lucerne Valley or 3N16.
                          3N16 - Closed from Holcomb Creek Crossing (3N93) to Green Valley Lake Road
                          3N93 Holcomb Creek
                          Pacific Crest Trail - Big Bear Area- The PCT will remain closed from the 3N16/Holcomb Creek crossing on the west side (approx. 2 miles northeast of Crab Flats), to 2N09 (Polique Canyon Rd.) . Little Bear Springs trail camp is closed to public use, due to Butler 2 Fire. A PCT trail reroute is being developed.

Grass Valley Fire - Road Closures

2N34 from Junction of 2N37 to Forest boundary
                          2N34A from Forest boundary to 2N34

Slide Fire - Road, Trail and Recreational Facility Closures

1W17 Redonda Ridge OHV Route
                          2W07 from 3N34 Junction to Fisherman’s Campground
                          Fredalba Trail from Forest boundary
                          2N13 from Green Valley Campground to Fawnskin (3N14) (overlap Butler 2 closure)
                          2N13D from intersection with 2N13 to Crafts Peak
                          2N16 from the Green Valley Campground to its terminus
                          2N19 (including spurs 2N19A, 2N19B, and 2N19C) from intersection with Green Valley Lake Road near Camp Cedar Crest to Meadow Lane near the Green Valley Campground
                          2N33Y from 3N16 to Tent Peg Group Camp
                          3N16 from Green Valley Lake Road to Holcomb Creek Crossing
                          3N34B from 3N16 to its terminus
                          Green Valley Campground
                          Crab Flats Campground
                          Fisherman’s Group Campground
                          Tent Peg Group Campground

Comment

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/re...sure-map.shtml
                            looks liek the Corral Canyone area just where our trails are are still closed. Possibly till March! I cant wait that long! JV for thanksgiving
                            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks for all of the useful information, everyone.

This thread has been cleaned up, and off-topic posts have been moved. In the future they will be deleted - please help keep this board clean and tidy!

:gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

i just got back from big bear today. rattlesnake canyon was closed, the trail head near there where the city dump site is(sorry dont know the trail number) is gated. went over to holcolm trail 3n16 and its open. went over to john bull 3n10 and I ran it.. its open, 3n32 is open as well. started to get chilly so that was a day for me.

john bull was pretty fun today. a couple of other jeeps were in there. other than that i didnt see a single wheeler no where. i ran JB backwards and it was pretty fun. hadnt run it in a yr or so and i think that its a bit more challenging now.
                                1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
                                X