Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt Trails List?

If anyone knows 100% that a trail is closed due to burn, please post up, and we can get an accurate list going. Thanks!

Closed Trails in Burn Areas
    As of October 2007
    • Rowher Flats is closed, per a local ranger.
    • The Forests have reopened but we still do not have a list of closed trails.
    Last edited by sarah; 11-11-07, 03:22 PM.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Holcomb Creek (3N93)
    Lower Larga (2N06X)

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
      Holcomb Creek (3N93)
      Lower Larga (2N06X)
      boo, my fav trail :mad:
      OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

At this time...all of them are closed.
        San Bernardino National Forest Announces Emergency Forest Closure

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., October 22, 2007— Due to extreme fire activity, and to protect public health and safety, San Bernardino National Forest officials are implementing a forest closure, effective October 23, 2007. The closure prohibits public entry to the forest, with few exceptions, and will last until the extreme conditions subside.

The few exceptions to the closure allow access to the Serrano Campground, the Alpine Pedal Path and the Juniper Point Parking Area. Access to these sites is deemed safe, but visitors must remain vigilant and tend to current fire restrictions, including no smoking or no wood or charcoal fires anywhere on the forest.

Organizations holding special use permits for sanctioned activities within the forest are also exempt from this order, including recreational residences and organizational camps, but occupants must remain within the permit boundaries.

While the closure is in effect, going into or being upon National Forest System lands, roads, or trails within the San Bernardino National Forest is not allowed. The closure will affect the use of all national forest recreational facilities, roads and hiking trails. Violators are subject to fines and/or imprisonment.

County roads and state highways may be affected by fire activity but are not included in this forest closure. Drivers are urged to seek information about closures, be aware of fire activity in the area and to use extreme caution.

For further information about the closure or fires currently burning on the San Bernardino National Forest, contact the Fire Information Center at 909-383-5688.
        Check out .

Comment

I think Sarah is trying to get a list of the trails that will not be opened after the restrictions are lifted because they will need to go thru restoration. The list will us put together a plan to help with the restoration process.

Comment

I'd be real careful of what the source of your information is before listing any trails as open or closed.

AAT will (most likely) have a big part in any restoration - but please be patient as it's not just a matter of manpower. At this point I have no information on when the forest will re-open (and even then access will be severly limited if past fires are any indication)
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
              I think Sarah is trying to get a list of the trails that will not be opened after the restrictions are lifted because they will need to go thru restoration. The list will us put together a plan to help with the restoration process.
              Yea I know. I just figured I show what I found so no one drives all the way up there for nothing.
              Check out .

Comment

yup had to find out the hard way that Bronco peak and Sidewinder area (Cleveland National Forest) is closed. I went up there to go wheeling like 1 day prior to all the chaos with the fires...I really want to get up there asap
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Old Fart,

I've only run the mountain trails for 1 year. What is the purpose of closing trails like 2N02 or 3N02. Both are east of Hwy 18 and Baldwin Lake, are not near any active fires, have not burned in recent years..... I seriously don't understand they shut down the whole forest. Please educate me.

Mitch

Comment

Hey Jeff,

I just read your comments on the other post. Thanks for the response. I'm not being smart A@@, just didn't understand. Ignore the previous post.

Mitch

Comment

I drove by Cleghorn today and gate on the 15 fwy side
                      was roped off

Comment

Trails Closed

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                        If anyone knows 100% that a trail is closed due to burn, please post up, and we can get an accurate list going. Thanks!

Closed Trails in Burn Areas
                        As of October 2007
                        • Rowher Flats is closed, per a local ranger.
                        • The ENTIRE San Bernardino & Cleveland National Forest is closed until further notice.
                        Bummer,. I was wanting to post for a
                        "Matt's 2nd Annual Holcomb Creek Run" oh well, there is always next year.....
                        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Anyone know if the trails in the Lake Isabella area are open?
                          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by happycamper View Post
                            I drove by Cleghorn today and gate on the 15 fwy side
                            was roped off
                            My local club had planned on running Cleghorn this month. Who would one call for status verification?
                            -Bob
                            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                              Anyone know if the trails in the Lake Isabella area are open?
                              Yes they are open.

Comment

Working...
                              X