Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Last Minute Run

. . . well not really last minute, but I've had such good luck with these in the past, I figured I'd give it another shot! I was going to post this up as a Rowher Run . . . I'd heard that the the rock on the first obstacle was blasted and wanted to check it out, but I'm not sure, with the fires, if it is open . . . has anyone heard? I'm pretty open to any somewhat local trials at this point, but just went thru Miller and Last Chance again and was hoping for a change of scenery. RattleSnake was awesome . . . definitely wanted to do that again, and I've heard that Lake Isabella has some cool trails, but I've never been on them and only have my Wells book to rely on. Isabella would probably be a great place to camp and explore as it would be a bit far for a turn around trip . . . I think I could do a Sat and Sun trip, I just can't be up there too late on Sun. Post up if you'd be interested in wheelin' and hopefully we can put something together!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Joe,
    I need to get away this weekend. It's been way too long (a couple of weeks). Yes, my name is Kurt, and I'm a junkie. I was planning on a solo trip out to the desert. But if you have something interesting in mind I may just come along. I really want to head to Death Valley; that may be too far for you. I'll just keep my eye on this thread and see what grows.

Kurt
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

My name is Joe, and I too am a junkie! Hope we can get a fix this weekend!!! Were you thinking about camping or just a one day trip?

Comment

I spoke to Sarah from MJR and she said she believe,s Rowher did burn..I might wanna go wheelin too..either day but can,t camp just did a weekend at Red Rock ran Night Mare Gulch and some of Last Chance..Geeb...
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I was reading Angeles National Forest's web site, and the entire "forest" is closed to recreational activities. I spoke to someone at the ranger station, and they verified that Rowher Flats is closed.

I called Los Padres National Forest, and Hungry Valley is open. The trails leading into the forest are closed, but the state park is open.
          Last edited by SAR Jeeper; 10-31-07, 10:07 AM. Reason: adding info

Comment

Looks like we all will be going to the desert for awhile until we get some measureable rain.

Comment

Some folks over on LOST trying to get a Calico run together for Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                Some folks over on LOST trying to get a Calico run together for Saturday.

I've never been to Calico . . . how are the trails out there? Anyone been thru the trails up in Lake Isabella? Looks both areas are about the same distance from the LA area and with all the fires, it sounds like most our local trails won't be open for a while.

Comment

Calico has it all. You can find trails as hard as you can handle or you can go easy and just enjoy. You can camp in the desert or stay in campgrounds at Calico Ghost Town. Unlike the Forest Calico is 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
                    I was reading Angeles National Forest's web site, and the entire "forest" is closed to recreational activities. I spoke to someone at the ranger station, and they verified that Rowher Flats is closed.

I called Los Padres National Forest, and Hungry Valley is open. The trails leading into the forest are closed, but the state park is open.

What a bummer . . . I would assume that Miller/Lockwood are also on the closed list then. Rowher, Miller, Holcomb . . . heartbreaking.

Comment

Originally posted by RubiRedRoc 07 View Post
                      Calico has it all. You can find trails as hard as you can handle or you can go easy and just enjoy. You can camp in the desert or stay in campgrounds at Calico Ghost Town. Unlike the Forest Calico is 24/7.

Sounds like I've got to get out there . . . anybody interested in checking out Calico this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                        . . anybody interested in checking out Calico this weekend?
                        I might! I just got back from there,awsome trails! Are you going sat or sun?
                        What about a fri and sat night camping trip?
                        Last edited by Gwjvw; 11-01-07, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Joe,
                          I'm still up in the air, but might go to Calico. If I do I'll be camping, probably in Mule Canyon. I'll just show up if I decide to go. Just not sure yet.

Kurt
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

be ready for tons of cherokees, this weekend is naxja's annual calico run...woohoo

Comment

Looks like I'll be heading out to Lake Isabella on Sat and camping Sat night. It's officially "Last Minute" now so PM me if you are interested in going.

Comment

Working...
                              X