Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doran Entrance

Went up to Calico this weekend and on the way to the Doran entrance there is a film being shot. A sheriff was there and said they will be filming for the next two weeks. So if you plan on going out there to do doran be aware that you may not be able to get back there. This was my first time out there so I am not sure if there are other routes to the entrance...
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

I love how film crews can completely shut down public land....

Hopefully they will be gone by IDTT or I am going to be pissed in more ways than one
    Last edited by nagal; 03-20-06, 10:07 AM.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

they should be. He said they will be done by the 1st

They really didnt shut it down completely, We still have our rights to be there, but if they are filming, of course they are goig to ask for anyone to stay away. They paid a lot of money for permits to do it, they also paid a lot of money to clean up some surrounding areas.
      Last edited by TJSUPE; 03-20-06, 10:08 AM.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

what are they filming? some cowboy flick?:yay:
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Clint eastwood is directing a movie about a WWII battle. It was pretty cool driving throught the set, there were the anti aircraft guns up on the hills.. Sat we drove through and they were building the set, then Sunday we came back through, but no one was there.
          Supe

Comment

Actually calico is shut down now we tried to go in today and a sherriff blocked the enterance and said nobody is allowed in. Wish we could have seen the set sounds cool
            '06 Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
              Clint eastwood is directing a movie about a WWII battle. It was pretty cool driving throught the set, there were the anti aircraft guns up on the hills.. Sat we drove through and they were building the set, then Sunday we came back through, but no one was there.
              I heard it was a picuture based on the flag raising at Iwo Jima in Calico. Well almost.

B&T TJ

Comment

You're right, Clint's doing the WWII movie. There has been all kinds of specials on the tube about it. That would have been cool to see the set.

Rat
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

must be this one...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0498380/
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                    you industry guys have all the cool stuff

Comment

Maybe the film crew can use digital editing techniques to re-shape our group of MJR Jeeps wandering through the set making them look like vintage MB's?

Well....... It was worth a try don't you think?

Rick OllllllO
                      " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
                      Rick W6RE

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                        you industry guys have all the cool stuff

myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Hopefully the movie my Jeep is supposed to be in comes out soon. www.lostinplainview.com The production company wanted a Jeep so the Ridgecrest Dealership loaned them one. They scratched the hood and fenders mounting the windshied camera and a couple other scratches. Nobody wanted to buy a new vehicle with scratches so they had a hard time selling it. I went in there owing to much money on my car so they did creative financing and knocked a bunch of cash off for the scratches and the miles and got me into the Jeep. Hopefully it is prominent in the movie.
                          Dennis
                          04 TJ
                          4.0/Auto
                          RE 4.5 Long Arm
                          Rock-It Man Rockers
                          33x12.50 BFG A/T
                          desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Originally posted by OllllllO
                            Maybe the film crew can use digital editing techniques to re-shape our group of MJR Jeeps wandering through the set making them look like vintage MB's?

Well....... It was worth a try don't you think?

Rick OllllllO
                            you know, you have a idea there
                            lets see if they can get a bunch of lifted big tired modern jeeps to look like MB flat fenders, sheese I always wanted a flat fender
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                            X