Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get one. But somehow my wife/daughter did. I hope to make a meeting.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Im hoping that everyone that signed the petition got one...though there is no way to know. Im guessing that Tiff and Carleigh only signed the petition, that they didnt give their name in any other way? That would be a good indication I guess...
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Got mine in the mail...will try to attend
        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
        WEB site

Comment

I signed the petition, and got the postcard. Ontario is a definite maybe for me
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

The preferred plan would allow public access on 38,137 acres in the southeast part of Johnson Valley for about 10 months each year. That would allow the popular "King of the Hammers" four-wheel-drive rock-crawler race to continue, he said. The annual event attracts about 8,000 people, Pessa said.
            As it is now on the base, unless unexploded ordinance (UXO) poses a direct threat to troops or impedes movement, it can sit for a long time. There is UXO sitting in the current training area that I reported multiple times over the last 18 months and hasn't been touched. They wouldn't be able to do that if the lands are opened to the public.

Now think about what our budget will look like. If any of that area accessed by the public is a live fire area, then they will have to do a full ordinance sweep before allowing the public back on the land. That can be time consuming, which equals more money.Money that may not be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Striker3 View Post
              As it is now on the base, unless unexploded ordinance (UXO) poses a direct threat to troops or impedes movement, it can sit for a long time. There is UXO sitting in the current training area that I reported multiple times over the last 18 months and hasn't been touched. They wouldn't be able to do that if the lands are opened to the public.

Now think about what our budget will look like. If any of that area accessed by the public is a live fire area, then they will have to do a full ordinance sweep before allowing the public back on the land. That can be time consuming, which equals more money.Money that may not be there.
              There will be no dud-producing ordnance used in the Restricted Public Access Area's (RPAA). I'll be at all three meetings representing the Combat Center and the off-road community.

Please get it out to all the clubs you belong to. The public comment period we are in right now until May 26th is specifically requesting comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) but all comments are welcome. We need max participation, I've posted my comments to the MCAGCC website, Stryker, being where you are I bet you have a lot of insight that would be useful to bring to the table too. We need to get everyone possible to submit comments that provide good sound justification for alternatives not including our favorite trails.

I've been spending more time on the pirate land use threads lately but glad to see it here too.
              http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

This thread from Jeff Knoll is a great read too:
              http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=966519

Mike
              Last edited by lamar95x4; 03-31-11, 10:07 AM. Reason: additional content

Comment

Bump! Important meetings this week.

Comment

Who else is going to Ontario Wednesday?
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    Who else is going to Ontario Wednesday?
                    I'm trying, but I may not be able to. My wife and I matched up calendars with all the various kid and other activities and that is the only day we might be home at the same time between now and Tuesday the 19th! So I'm kinda on the fence about being able to go.

TreadLightly Trainer
                    HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Tonight's the last chance...

Date: Thursday, April 14, 2011
                      Time: 5 to 9 p.m.
                      Mirage/Sahara Conference Center
                      12603 Mariposa Road
                      Victorville, Calif.

Comment

I was at the open house in Ontario last night. It was the same dog and pony show as 2008 with a couple of extra stations. The Marines were very friendly with all their "canned" answers. I left my verbal comments with the stenographer.

I came away from the open house last night with the feeling that no one in the government really cares about the damage that will be done to the recreating public by closing 440,000 acres of Johnson valley.
                        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Damm. You are one of the most optimistic folks I know on this topic. Hate to hear this.

TreadLightly Trainer
                          HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

I will be at tonight's meeting In Victorville. I know Mitch is going, is anyone else going?? This is too important to sit out.
                            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                            MJR moderator
                            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

I heard the same thing from a friend that went to the other one.
                              Last edited by curtis; 04-14-11, 06:34 PM.
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I was at the one in Victorville. I don't think that anything is going to change the Military's mind and they are going to stick with their preferred alternative. I think they might adjust the boundaries a little if enough people complain so that Outer Limits and Aftershock are with in the area that the public would get to use 10 months of the year. But that's as optimistic as I can be.

I think that our best chance might actually be with our congressmen when this actually comes in front of congress for a vote in a few years.

They also said that the number of comments they have received this time is very significantly smaller than when they went through this in 2008. There certainly weren't a ton of people flooding the doors, expecially considering how many people in the High Desert use Johnson Valley for recreation. I think I did see Tony Pelligrino there, as well as his car, and Dave Cole and some other folks affiliated with The King of the Hammers, so at least some more prominent folks were there.

Comment

Working...
                                X