Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody hear about this

IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

I heard that it got vandalized.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

This what you are talking about?
      http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19090

In Ocotillo Wells?

Comment

Oh that's it. And this is why offroaders have a bad name. We will probably be blamed.
        Last edited by curtis; 12-25-10, 06:56 PM.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
          Oh that's it. And this is why offroaders have a bad name.
          It isn't off-roaders that do damage like that. That's vandalism plain & simple.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            It isn't off-roaders that do damage like that. That's vandalism plain & simple.
            [COLOR="Sienna"]Thank you for that comment Roger. It's important to note the difference between "off-roaders" and "vandals". There are those 10% in any type of group. Environ[COLOR="Red"]mental[/COLOR]ists have their 10% also.

In my opinion these were criminals who may, or may not, have been driving ORV's.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
              [COLOR="Sienna"]Thank you for that comment Roger. It's important to note the difference between "off-roaders" and "vandals". There are those 10% in any type of group. Environ[COLOR="Red"]mental[/COLOR]ists have their 10% also.

In my opinion these were criminals who may, or may not, have been driving ORV's.[/COLOR]
              Nick, You are way too nice. In my my mind, there is NO WAY IN HELL that these signs were torn down by any offroad-friendly folks. Just ask yourself "why" enough times and the only answer is that someone that does want motor traffic in the area had to execute this CRIME.

Just sayin'.
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Mike, your point makes perfect sense, but since most people don't think about the offroad community as anything more than a point for alarmist news reports and misguided activism; we will shoulder the weight of this crime. Funny how people who "want things left alone" are willing to destroy...
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

SVRA Truckhaven

The fence was fixed but someone did it again. The place was coned off but I am afraid it won't stop whoever doesn't want to see it built. This will not stop construction. Start up again will be Jan. 3. A lot of help will be needed. The site is just off S22 west of last years TDS Safari Headquarters.

Comment

George, what time on weekends are they building? Does one need to bring tools? Anything else?

Comment

Construction

Since this is being done by a civilian contractor I'm not sure if they work weekends. Will not need help until the 10. This Monday they will be trying to see where they are at. Just need to bring self gloves and a shovel. The lead on this for TDS is Bo Neece. rnbneece@cox.net
                      George
                      Any changes in schedule I will post up.

Comment

Is there a link to what will be offered in the Training area? I am guessing it will have similar items to the one found in Hungry Valley OHV park?

I also want the Thank the TDS group for their strong commitment to our sport. The Desert Safari is one I try to make each year for past 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD View Post
                          The fence was fixed but someone did it again. The place was coned off but I am afraid it won't stop whoever doesn't want to see it built. This will not stop construction. Start up again will be Jan. 3. A lot of help will be needed. The site is just off S22 west of last years TDS Safari Headquarters.
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]Any chance of putting in a wildlife cam in the area? Disguised as a rock or something? Maybe can get a plate number or something.[/COLOR]
                          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Any chance of putting in a wildlife cam in the area? Disguised as a rock or something? Maybe can get a plate number or something.[/COLOR]
                            That is an awesome idea, but if they read this forum, they might start looking for one now. Or it might just be enough to scare them off.

Comment

I was thinking more of a sniper post, but yeah something like that might help too!
                              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                              X