Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it helps any, I have a mig welder here in the garage and I live probably the closest to the site. I also have a small 4x8 trailer with sides. If someone had the materials, I could have one whipped up in a few nights. I kinda like the thought someone posted about making it larger.

It's disgusting that this cross made it to a supreme court ruling to leave it. It never should have gotten to that point at all. It blows me away that an opinion of few about something that this county was founded on could be swayed. Heaven forbid that someone might be insulted or repulsed by a cross signifying the memory of our dead soldiers that fought, and to this day fight for our freedom. Anyone that had any doing of taking this to court has no right calling themselves an American. It would be an honor to be apart of erecting a new cross, and I wouldn't do it quietly :gun:. Lets send a statement to those who were opposed to it and let them know we won't stand for their idiosities :bolt: <---if thats a word.

Whatcha guys think? Are we building a new memorial?
    Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

From the VVDaily Press today:

Mystery cross erected in Mojave
      Comments 14 | Recommend 1
      National Park Service investigates appearance of mystery cross
      May 20, 2010 12:24 PM
      FROM STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS
      MOJAVE NATIONAL PRESERVE • Sometime overnight, a cross was placed on Sunrise Rock, the original location of the Mojave Desert War Memorial which was torn down last week, in the Mojave National Preserve, officials said Thursday.

No information is known yet about whether this cross is the original war memorial, or if someone put up a replica, and the National Park Service is investigating.

A maintenance worker spotted the cross at 7 a.m. Thursday, preserve spokeswoman Linda Slater said, adding that it was put up during the night.

The new cross is at the same location of the former cross, about 10 miles off Interstate 15 on Cima Road, Slater said.

Park rangers are still investigating the original theft.

Comment

Sure would be nice if it was the original cross that was stolen . . . perhaps a guilty conscience prevailed :dunno:
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

might be the case. One will never know for sure.
          Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Wow, gee... this is interesting. Wonder what happened.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

The "news" station just said that the cross that is in place now is a replica, and rangers stated is illegal and must be removed....

sigh...
              "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

You have got to be kidding....and so if the authorities can't retrieve the original one, the memorial will be forgotten forever??? That just makes no sense. The chances of getting the original one back aren't looking to good and when someone is only trying to help preserve history, you think it would be appreciated. What is wrong with this county? This ranks right up there with denying our B&B proposal in Calico and the reasons that went with that.
                It's just best said, "you can't fix stupid"

Comment

Originally posted by kirkandsylvia View Post
                  You have got to be kidding....and so if the authorities can't retrieve the original one, the memorial will be forgotten forever??? That just makes no sense. The chances of getting the original one back aren't looking to good and when someone is only trying to help preserve history, you think it would be appreciated. What is wrong with this county? This ranks right up there with denying our B&B proposal in Calico and the reasons that went with that.
                  It's just best said, "you can't fix stupid"
                  [COLOR="Sienna"] Reading up on this, the Cross that was stolen was not the "original" Cross to begin with. The Cross has been vandalized in the past, stolen and replaced previously. Prior-precedent would infer, that there is a way to get it replaced. The Supreme Court ruled that the monument can stay, not that specific Cross which was stolen, can stay. I'm not a lawyer, but this is what I gathered from reading the history of the monument.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                    [COLOR="Sienna"] Reading up on this, the Cross that was stolen was not the "original" Cross to begin with. The Cross has been vandalized in the past, stolen and replaced previously. Prior-precedent would infer, that there is a way to get it replaced. The Supreme Court ruled that the monument can stay, not that specific Cross which was stolen, can stay. I'm not a lawyer, but this is what I gathered from reading the history of the monument.[/COLOR]
                    Yeah but keep in mind . . . what you just said makes perfect sense . . . therein lies the problem. Seems like you have to be a complete douche to get into a position of power in this country now days.
                    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]It's going to be a douce-pocalypse of jackassery.

*all terms trademarked, not to be used without written consent from nonsense sayings inc.[/COLOR]

Comment

Somebody should place a toilet out there with a placard stating that this commemorates how our government views the sacrifices of our veterans. See if they consider that offensive...
                        God forgives, rocks don't
                        -sons of thunder

Comment

This story absolutely pisses me off. My family and I have been camping there for years, since long before it was a national monument. last time I went it had a box over it. what pisses me off is that we used to hear about how it was a war memorial from one of the old veterans we would camp with.He was camping and hunting there 30 years before us.. I was so happy when I heard on the radio that the courts said the cross could stay. But now its stolen. what the is wrong with people? someone should get shot lol

Comment

Working...
                          X