Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear North Yellow Post Sites

First come first serve. No fee. No water. No bathrooms. Campfires allowed when fire restrictions permit. Campfire permits are required.

Yellow Post 1

YP1 is located on 2N04X at N34° 15. 995 W116° 57.105

Yellow Post 31

YP31 is located on 2N09A (on the map) or 2N09F(sign at turn off) at N34° 17.316 W116° 55.221

Yellow Post 33

Yellow Post 33 is located on 3N12 at N34° 17.577 W116° 57.530

Yellow Post 34

YP34 is located on 3N08 at N34° 18.659 W116° 57.619
    Last edited by FishPOET; 02-15-11, 08:23 AM.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

.gdb file of the sites attached + .gpx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sarah; 07-19-07, 09:15 AM.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
      .gdb file of the sites attached + .gpx
      You got it to work!? Or did you have to re-do the whole thing?
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
        You got it to work!? Or did you have to re-do the whole thing?
        If you're talking about the GPX, Sarah posted it. Doug only had the GDB.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I can't dl the gpx files, is it because i need to upgrade my account? UPgrading says you can upload pics but does not mention dl of files.

thanks for the help
          Last edited by jeep-noob; 08-04-07, 09:01 AM.
          2000 XJ, 108k miles
          33's, RE 4.5", 4.56

Comment

many many thanks for this. no GPS yet, but the physical maps with yellow post campsites labeled are much clearer than the ones that the discovery center gives out, plus the topos make them easy to compare to my other maps.
            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Just went on vacation in Big Bear, got yellow map with yellow posted campsites. You say you have something clearer. I don't have a GPS. Got maps, but yellow posts aren't on them. Where to get more info on yellow posted campsites?

Comment

Originally posted by edsredx View Post
                Just went on vacation in Big Bear, got yellow map with yellow posted campsites. You say you have something clearer. I don't have a GPS. Got maps, but yellow posts aren't on them. Where to get more info on yellow posted campsites?
                SBNF website has info... Poet just drives to them all and GPS's them in I think. He seems to get up to BB A LOT!

Comment

ok what's the deal with the yellow post campsite? are they free? first come first served? can you have campfires? my kids are just getting ready to do some camping, and when I was a kid we camped wherever we decided to stop, but now there are so many rules and laws, you can't do that I guess... is there a book about this stuff?
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Here's the website for the YP info. (Scroll towards the bottom)
                    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...ation/camping/

And if you need a recreation pass:
                    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/ap/
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                      can you have campfires?
                      Currently no campfires are allowed at YP sites.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post

Yellow Post 31

YP31 is located on 2N09A (on the map) or 2N09F(sign at turn off) at N34° 17.316 W116° 55.221
                        not having been to any of these on the north side, 31 seems like it might be the most accessible for a medium rv, anyone seen one up there or driven through here lately?

Comment

Originally posted by broncotime View Post
                          not having been to any of these on the north side, 31 seems like it might be the most accessible for a medium rv, anyone seen one up there or driven through here lately?
                          I have not been to this site in years.

Comment

Damn you photobucket!!!

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                              Damn you photobucket!!!
                              All my posts with maps and photos became worthless.....

Comment

Working...
                              X