Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

•  EricSplawn
    replied
    Thanks for sharing this post! In my viewpoint, it is worthy a read, I do appreciate your valuable assistance.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
    If you want to do that Doug, I'll help financially and technically. I can potentially script some grabbing of images for hosting elsewhere as well as throw a few bucks for the upgrade. That is invaluable information!
    Nice!! We can host them on the MJR server. Could use WordPress for the GUI.

Leave a comment:

• Materdaddy
    replied
    If you want to do that Doug, I'll help financially and technically. I can potentially script some grabbing of images for hosting elsewhere as well as throw a few bucks for the upgrade. That is invaluable information!

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    What the!! If you upgrade it for a month or whatever, I can help reconstruct the threads?

Leave a comment:

• FishPOET
    replied
    Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
    Damn you photobucket!!!
    All my posts with maps and photos became worthless.....

Leave a comment:

• USMC 0369
    replied
    Damn you photobucket!!!

Leave a comment:

• FishPOET
    replied
    Originally posted by broncotime View Post
    not having been to any of these on the north side, 31 seems like it might be the most accessible for a medium rv, anyone seen one up there or driven through here lately?
    I have not been to this site in years.

Leave a comment:

• broncotime
    replied
    Originally posted by FishPOET View Post

Yellow Post 31

YP31 is located on 2N09A (on the map) or 2N09F(sign at turn off) at N34° 17.316 W116° 55.221
    not having been to any of these on the north side, 31 seems like it might be the most accessible for a medium rv, anyone seen one up there or driven through here lately?

Leave a comment:

• FishPOET
    replied
    Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
    can you have campfires?
    Currently no campfires are allowed at YP sites.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Here's the website for the YP info. (Scroll towards the bottom)
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...ation/camping/

And if you need a recreation pass:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/ap/

Leave a comment:

• Kodiak Spirit
    replied
    ok what's the deal with the yellow post campsite? are they free? first come first served? can you have campfires? my kids are just getting ready to do some camping, and when I was a kid we camped wherever we decided to stop, but now there are so many rules and laws, you can't do that I guess... is there a book about this stuff?

Leave a comment:

• USMC 0369
    replied
    Originally posted by edsredx View Post
    Just went on vacation in Big Bear, got yellow map with yellow posted campsites. You say you have something clearer. I don't have a GPS. Got maps, but yellow posts aren't on them. Where to get more info on yellow posted campsites?
    SBNF website has info... Poet just drives to them all and GPS's them in I think. He seems to get up to BB A LOT!

Leave a comment:

• edsredx
    replied
    Just went on vacation in Big Bear, got yellow map with yellow posted campsites. You say you have something clearer. I don't have a GPS. Got maps, but yellow posts aren't on them. Where to get more info on yellow posted campsites?

Leave a comment:

• maddmike
    replied
    many many thanks for this. no GPS yet, but the physical maps with yellow post campsites labeled are much clearer than the ones that the discovery center gives out, plus the topos make them easy to compare to my other maps.

Leave a comment:

• jeep-noob
    replied
    I can't dl the gpx files, is it because i need to upgrade my account? UPgrading says you can upload pics but does not mention dl of files.

thanks for the help
    Last edited by jeep-noob; 08-04-07, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X