Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• portion of I-5 closed

I-5 just north of the 14 freeway is closed for an indefinite period of time, due to a deadly collision between several tractor-trailers in one of the tunnels where the overpasses merge. link to the la times article below.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...la-home-center
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

The traffic is terrible there today. The sign posted says 2 hour delay if you are going north on the 14. This is really bad for us locals and the truckers that go south on the 5 all day.If you have to go north on the 14 I used Sand Canyon going north from Hansen Dam today and it was moving good. half the time as sitting on the freeway and nice scenery.
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

It seems that the damaged tunnel is the northern one that's *just* north of the 14, so one can go around via Magic Mountain Parkway, San Fernando Rd., and the 14. Though I'm sure that's slow, at least it's passable.

I usually pass through there to visit my parents in Ojai, but in times of freeway shutdowns or extensive construction, I settle for the coastal route (101).
      Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue WK Limited 4.7L•Bells/Whistles
      Mods: Tow Hooks•Skid Plates & Rails•Flowmaster 70•255/65R17 REVO's

Comment

San Fernando road was a parkinglot today! If anyone is going thru the area just give yourself lots of time and bring snacks !
        moon buggy
        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

over 2.5 hrs to get home from burbank (23 miles) Friday night. man what a pain. What happens monday morning!?!?! :omg:
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
            ...fighting brian for the 60's...
            errr... if I knew there were 60s to fight over, I'd step up my game.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
              over 2.5 hrs to get home from burbank (23 miles) Friday night. man what a pain. What happens monday morning!?!?! :omg:
              don't know but it looks like you're an ideal candidate to let us all know.
              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Working...
              X