Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI- I am old...

most of the time I don't know what the heck I'm doing on the internet... sock searches are fun!:yay:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

brian, you are old. but it's the oldies that have all the money!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

you know... I would have a lot of money, but... I've put at least the price of another vehicle into a crappy '97 TJ. If you add both of 'em up I could be stylin' in an H2. bet I'd get chicks then.
      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

yeah, but it'd be the kind of chic that goes out on the trail with a hot cup of starbucks ... or wears high heels on each run.

Comment

I guess I'm a "Geezer" in the eyes of anyone still in high school. I think they seem to forget that the internet was cooked-up by the minds of my generation, not theirs; yet, they seem to think it belongs to them instead of being for everybody's use.

Kids...you can't live with them, and you can't drive them out into the wilderness and leave them for dead...
          Last edited by PRegner; 11-16-03, 08:21 AM.

Comment

myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
              yeah, but it'd be the kind of chic that goes out on the trail with a hot cup of starbucks ... or wears high heels on each run.
              fyi, for any of these type of chicks... there are no starbucks where we like to wheel... it'll be cold.
              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by PRegner
                I guess I'm a "Geezer" in the eyes of anyone still in high school.
                yeah, isn't it sad? that's okay, the oldies are the goodies. i'm having the time of my life!

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                  fyi, for any of these type of chicks... there are no starbucks where we like to wheel... it'll be cold.
                  The heels are left in the back of the Jeep, along with a change of clothes, for stopping on the way back; the Starbucks is ground up and brought in a baggy with a Coleman coffee pot and a Primus stove; and I never leave home without a Revlon shade of red lipstick. Just because I jeep, I don't have to lose style.

FYI - All y'all are a bunch of fetus. How many of you remember the first moon landing?

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver

FYI - All y'all are a bunch of fetus. How many of you remember the first moon landing?
                    the moon landed???? when??? where??? I don't believe it. it doesn't even have wings!!!:confused:
                    myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Am I old?

Internet? Hmmmm....I seem to remember the hot computer being a PET with a whopping 16k of ram! No hard drive (who knew what that was back then) but it had an external audio tape drive! Or how about feeling all powerful at a timesharing "dumb" terminal using the university VAX-11/780 to play "Star Trek"? OY! Now I do feel old
                      It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                      and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Damn, you guys are old. The first computer I ever used was a Apple IIe.
                        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Re: Am I old?

Originally posted by king4wd
                          Or how about feeling all powerful at a timesharing "dumb" terminal using the university VAX-11/780 to play "Star Trek"? OY! Now I do feel old
                          I once incinerated 16 Romulan vessels in a single pass while commanding a Ptolomy class dreadnaught in that game; on a very similar terminal (writing programs on those key-punched rolls of paper tape was a real pain!)...

My first PC was a Commadore 64 (ahhh...the good old "camode-ador"). That was followed by a Tandy (my brother managed a Radio Shack in those days). Then I moved up to an 8088 with 640k ram!!! That was some hot-rod! It had dual 5.25 inch floppies, a 300 baud modem, and a 3.3 megabyte hard drive.
                          Last edited by PRegner; 11-16-03, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                            Damn, you guys are old. The first computer I ever used was a Apple IIe.
                            You too huh? Apple IIe in the base library at Ft. Wainwright, AK ...

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                              the moon landed???? when??? where??? I don't believe it. it doesn't even have wings!!!:confused:

Comment

Working...
                              X