Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Thanks to Dukes69

Thanks Chris for helping me out with the stinger/hoop welding job. you guys are SUPER friendly and i just wanted to publically (sorta) thank you for lending a helping hand. it turned out nice and i appreciate the help..

Kevin.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
    Thanks Chris for helping me out with the stinger/hoop welding job. you guys are SUPER friendly and i just wanted to publically (sorta) thank you for lending a helping hand. it turned out nice and i appreciate the help..

Kevin.
    well..lets see the pics
    therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

i'll pic up in a few days when i paint it up. im cramming for an exam... well i should be right now anyways.....

Comment

stinger... SAWEEEET!!!
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

ok i got it painted up yesterday and finally put back together.. here are some pics.

Chris and I decided not to weld on the tie in's from the stinger to the hoop because the hoop is welded to the frame and if i did that i'd never be able to take off the bumper unless i cut off the tie in's SO im gonna get some of those rokmen clamps (4 in all) and just weld some DOM tubing to them and just bolt the tie in's on... different, functional and well....cool..

Thanks again Chris!
          Last edited by brokenujoint; 03-08-07, 01:34 AM.

Comment

and now i hate the damn thing. i ordered up another stinger from www.hell-bentfabrication.com and its WAY WAY better than the stupid BTF stinger/hoop kit.
            the BTF's hoop came about 2" to short and the way they cut the stinger, it sits with very little angle. my radiator sits 1 1/2 inches higher than the top of the grill so the hoop will serve zero purpose. the stinger looks more like an old school smittybuild bumper..

tonight i hacked out the stinger and 1/2 the welds on the hoop are gone.

im gonna do it differently this time.

i'll weld the hoop to some 3/16 plate that will be boxed and bolted in place where the stock sway bar would be. the hoop will be about 2.25 inches taller than this one as well. the stinger will be welded to the bumper again and will be at a 42 to 45 degree angle. tie ins will now be welded in instead of spending 100.00 for some clamps. heres a pic of what i ordered up today.

if your considering a stinger/hoop for your tj/yj/or cj .. look to the website above. the guys great, friendly and its a mom and pops shop. i highly support these types of business'.

what i have

what im getting

also the BTF hoop does not contour very well with the design of the tj's grill. the hellbent hoop has another bend about 5 inches above the tie in to the frame allowing for a better look and he can send it longer if you need to cut it down on your own.

Comment

I like both of those about the same.
              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                I like both of those about the same.
                Two votes for "same"... :cactus:
                1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

same? look at the two. the one on the red jeep, the hoop doesnt protect the radiator and the stinger doesnt help if i rolled forward. look at the second one.. much more functional

Comment

much more functional
                    I'm guessing they were only talking about aesthetics!
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

same? look at the two. the one on the red jeep, the hoop doesnt protect the radiator and the stinger doesnt help if i rolled forward. look at the second one.. much more functional
                      both equally ugly
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

you big meany. :yay:
                        myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                          you big meany. :yay:
                          i think i have some extra tubing. we can bend one for you with my HF bender and JB weld it on there fo' ya'
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                            i think i have some extra tubing. we can bend one for you with my HF bender and JB weld it on there fo' ya'
                            :yay: :cactus:
                            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I'm a mud lover! So...I personally don't like stingers. They server their purpose well on the rocks....I just prefer my rocks ground to a dust and mixed with water
                              WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                              [_____]
                              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                              []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
                              X