Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of a Classic Rock/Country Socal Band?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of a Classic Rock/Country Socal Band?

We're looking for a local band to play at the Calico Cleanup. If anyone knows one that may be interested, please let me know. Thank you!!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers are from the valley I think... :yay: :cactus:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
      Red Hot Chilli Peppers are from the valley I think... :yay: :cactus:
      Cool! Call 'em up!
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
        We're looking for a local band to play at the Calico Cleanup. If anyone knows one that may be interested, please let me know. Thank you!!

http://www.egomaniarecords.com/BANDS-Cover_DearJon.html

http://www.losangeles.com/nightlife/localbands.html

Sarah,
        Check these links. There are a ton of local bands that do this kinda gig.

Rat

Comment

Chris and I were talking about this last night...

Why not take the money that is being donated for the band, and donate it to one of the 4WD land use groups...Blue Ribbon Coalition???

Im just thinking with all the recent trail closures, maybe it can help fight the battle.

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Thanks for the links. Just thought we could have some fun, get the enthusiasm up, and have people coming back for more next year.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Its a dilemma. Sometimes you have to put the horse in front of the cart, but I think I have to go with Tam on this one. I think the people that are planning to help out there would like to have some entertainment but would understand the money being needed to, errr, fight the good fight, so to speak. If this event comes off well, I'm sure next year will be just as good and we can get someone to play out there for us then. I actually know the members of "Killin Time", but, 1. they are hardcore country and 2, it's short notice to get them or anyone to play, especially outside venues.

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                Chris and I were talking about this last night...

Why not take the money that is being donated for the band, and donate it to one of the 4WD land use groups...Blue Ribbon Coalition???

Im just thinking with all the recent trail closures, maybe it can help fight the battle.

Tam
                If its not the Atomic Punks then the money should get donated. Just because there is room in the budget for it, doesnt mean it needs to get spent. Donate it back.
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Whoa...before we hang the messenger let's discuss Sarah's request

As the flippin' "jack of all trades master of none" organizer, I asked Sarah to find a local band on the high desert to entertain ya'll. Now, first things first aight...I want to clarify that WE as participants are giving a whole helluva lot just by participating. Secondly, BLM will be receiving in excess of hundreds of thousands of dollars from grants generated by our little get together in Calico. Third, Sarah merely sought out a band to see if they would first volunteer their talent under the crisp evening air after our worthwhile raffle. If not, we as a committee will entertain the thought of releasing a few bucks for entertainment or simply hook up some toons to keep the mood up beat.

I will be the first to share exactly how much we donate to Blue Ribbon Coalition, Friends of the Rubicon, and Discovery Trails. I can assure you that our event shirts, lunch, and other expenses far out weigh the cost of a band.

Now if ya'll party poopin' folks wanna try and forward or help us out with a little country bumpkin' entertainment, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,
                  Your Huckleberry
                  "run forest, run!"

Comment

yikes!

Thats not what we meant by that. We just didnt want any additional funds spent on OUR behalf. By all means, if you think that you can get a band to volunteer, then do it.

We keep hearing about local trails and areas being shut down, and some of can only donate time, not money. So if it meant doing without a band for an event that we are donating our time at, so be it, if it will help the cause.

As far as contributions to the non profits, I was totally in the dark that this event was raising any monies.

Do what you feel will best benefit our community.

Tam
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I think all the sponsers of the event have donated for the intrest of the event and for all excess funds to go to the Land. Having a band would be a killer idea, we just would not want any of the funds donated for the cleanup used. I feel if we do get a band that should be pointed out as someone could easily get the wrong idea.

Ps. where are you guys camping that weekend, we are still trying to figure out a spot that may not be to crowded. I do not know how many rigs are camping from Adventure4x4, but I believe it is around 8.
                      censored for having an opinion

Comment

The dilema we have is large sponsors that have donated $$$$ to make this event a success. I won't tell Banks Power or any other vendor that contributed a big chunk of change that their ideas and suggestions are not worth entertaining or at a minimum considering. Yup, this event is generating funding for those organizations that I believe best suite our needs in the off road community. I'll also have a donation jar specifically for land use.

Eitherway, I'd prefer a volunteer group to come up play some tunes but it's really short notice at this point. Maybe adventure4x4 could provide cheap entertainment?

No offense intended or taken, Tam. No harm, no foul!

Mark

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                        yikes!

Thats not what we meant by that. We just didnt want any additional funds spent on OUR behalf. By all means, if you think that you can get a band to volunteer, then do it.

We keep hearing about local trails and areas being shut down, and some of can only donate time, not money. So if it meant doing without a band for an event that we are donating our time at, so be it, if it will help the cause.

As far as contributions to the non profits, I was totally in the dark that this event was raising any monies.

Do what you feel will best benefit our community.

Tam
                        Last edited by FJ Crawlin'; 01-27-07, 09:23 AM.
                        "run forest, run!"

Comment

www.theatomicpunks.com

'nuff said
                          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

will they be able to get power for the amps , and other equipment , this maybe some thing to look into ,Im sure that you would hate to book a band to play and then they are not able to , just a thought
                            A clean jeep is the sign of a sick mind

Comment

Working...
                            X