Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A trick like that wouldn't work in TN. When an insurance company or salvage yard gets a title, the TNdeptofSafty has to clear that title again.
    Maybe it would work if the title were clear. Be sure to keep the story straight; Vin-title-regestration-tag(and inspection stickers)
    '98 TJ, Steve-www.itsajeep.org

Comment

Hey,
      My 83 just passed smog, after I put on a new cat (PO had wrong cat on). I have the carter carb, which I have done the nutter bypass and TFI. I get about 18 MPG on highway with stock gearing and 32" tires. You can buy my entire setup from me in April when I'm going TBI.

Comment

If you don't want to smog in California, you have a couple of options:
        1) Buy a residence in another state with less draconian smog laws and register it there
        2) Green sticker it. This might be a better choice if you are strapped for cash. You won't be able to street it or take it in national parks like Joshua Tree, Death Valley or Canyonlands, but not a big deal if that isn't where you like to go. This will require the nominal investment in a trailer and tow rig however.
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

If you really want to ditch all the smog stuff than just do it.

A) Keep all the stock stuff and replace it for smog checks.

this is probebly the way to go, Crash has the right idea, this is what they do!
          Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning View Post
            If you don't want to smog in California, you have a couple of options:
            1) Buy a residence in another state with less draconian smog laws and register it there
            2) Green sticker it. This might be a better choice if you are strapped for cash. You won't be able to street it or take it in national parks like Joshua Tree, Death Valley or Canyonlands, but not a big deal if that isn't where you like to go. This will require the nominal investment in a trailer and tow rig however.

Be aware that if you choose to green sticker it, _most_ of the roads in the San Bernardino National Forest will be off limits. As an example, 3N10 (John Bull) is a full size Green Sticker legal trail - but 3N16 (the road you start and stop on) is not.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
              Be aware that if you choose to green sticker it, _most_ of the roads in the San Bernardino National Forest will be off limits. As an example, 3N10 (John Bull) is a full size Green Sticker legal trail - but 3N16 (the road you start and stop on) is not.
              HAHA well isnt that retarted...
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Yeah, the junkyard VIN thing wont work you would have to get an older Jeep with a clean title, register it under your name, then swap the vin numbers. Its possible, I know someone who did it. ILLIGAL though.

Me, I had the crappy Carter BBD and changed to the Howell TBI. It was about $1200 and I feel it was well spent money. It juns better on the street and trails, and isnt all that hard to install yourself.
                I have a Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                  HAHA well isnt that retarted...
                  Actually, trailering a vehicle to run the San Bernardinos - now _that's_ retarded
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboysfc View Post
                    Yeah, the junkyard VIN thing wont work you would have to get an older Jeep with a clean title, register it under your name, then swap the vin numbers. Its possible, I know someone who did it. ILLIGAL though.

Me, I had the crappy Carter BBD and changed to the Howell TBI. It was about $1200 and I feel it was well spent money. It juns better on the street and trails, and isnt all that hard to install yourself.

ya.... this is probably what Im going to do.... Its the best solution to my problem, albeit, the most expensive one. I am almost to a point in my life where I would be able to spend that much money on my Jeep and not have a panic attack....
                    Now all I need is a Dynatrac 44 rear with a locker and Im set!!

...having said that, NOW is the time for the panic attack...

Ill have to call my buddies up at 4 Wheel doctor and chat with them about installation cost etc...

Last edited by eatpasta; 01-22-07, 12:01 PM.
                    1983 CJ-7, I bought her when I was 15, she's my baby

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                      Actually, trailering a vehicle to run the San Bernardinos - now _that's_ retarded
                      HAHA true that...
                      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X