Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the fine line between...

Kinda a serious question:

What is the fine line between bragging/gloating & being excited about your fortunate situation (eg. new cars, etc.) ?

Just wondering because ( I would like the THANK ALL YOU guys for your nice responses to my posts, unlike other friends on another posting board) on a posting board I have real friends I have met in person with, no one except for maybe 2 people respond to any of my posts anymore...not even posts to say I arrived in AZ safely

I understand that most of my friends on that board are going through some rough times in their lives, like many of us are or have. I don't feel like I've gone out & done the "nana-nana-boo...I'm getting this & your not" thing, but I am just damn excited about getting & ordering my AEV Rubicon, moving into a nice house in AZ (being closer to family) & having one of my dream cars on order.

You guys & others on other posting boards have been nothing but welcoming & nice to communicate with...

Do you feel I've come off that way? If so, I'm sorry. But were does that line fall? Just because, I've known these people for almost 2-3 years now & they know me pretty well & know that I'm not like what they might be thinking now. Kinda feel I need to stop being on that posting board

P.S. I don't even use a signature on that posting board anymore & NEVER added about my car in that signature.
    '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
    '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE EXCITED, and share your news. You worked hard to get where you are, and we're all proud of you.

:gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I would be excited too!I cant wait to lay eyes on your AEV rubi!

Comment

hey if you get something cool id sure wanna hear about it, just as if i got something cool i bet you would wanna hear about it. so dont worry about talkin about your new rubicon, just maybe refer to it as "my rubicon" not my NEW rubicon" then it will be good
        B R E T T
        87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

what/s AEV? lol
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Nothing wrong with anyone wanting to share good news about what they just bought etc. it's so much better than bad news. Congrats on the Rubi
            *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
            Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
            Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
              what/s AEV? lol
              i was thinking the same thing :confused:
              but.... i think it is cool to talk about your great fortune.
              how DO you do it, anyway? (i'll be the one to ask) either way... good for you. not everyone is happy to see their friends "come up" when they are left behind.
              envy, jealousy, and things like that come into play... good for you, man... i'm happy to see people get what they want.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I might sound a little off, but what is a MP3 cab? I've never heard of it. BTW, Bumpy welcome to MJR. You'll see a king4wd2 (that's me Sandra) and King4wd (that's my hubby Tom). You should gloat! There is no fine line, as far as I'm concerned. I was gloating we have a 1998 Jeep Wrangler SE, 2003 Dodge Neon R/T, and a house that's 2 years old and we are the proud first time owners of it. Yes, we have kinda fallen on hard times, but glad to see others being able to get what they want. We will be able to get more of the stuff we want when the time is right and are fortunate to get it. In my eyes and opinion, that if you want it, God will provide. I've been through it enough to know he will provide, it will be in his timing. Sorry about the preaching! I'll refrain from anymore sermons.
                1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                  what/s AEV? lol
                  American Expedition Vehicles

VERY drool-worthy rigs

www.aev-conversions.com

Comment

I doubt that any negative feedback you may be getting may be directed at you personally; it's more towards anything with the "Rubicon" moniker.

For some reason the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon seems to have elicited a love/hate relationship among many Jeepers. While I don't know of anyone that can deny that Jeep has engineered and built the most trail ready production rig ever, the same people that admire the Rubicon for all of it's trappings also resent it due to the deeply founded belief that "Real Jeeps aren't bought, they're built".

I don't know why this situation seems to exist. In my mind, if you can afford an AEV Rubicon, then good on you. Who am I, or anyone else to harbor ill feelings towards anyone for having good financial fortune. Besides, not everyone can wield a wrench, and build a competent trail ready rig themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by PRegner
                      I don't know why this situation seems to exist. ... Besides, not everyone can wield a wrench, and build a competent trail ready rig themselves...
                      I agree, except that I have never met ANYONE who has "built" their own jeep (despite what some will try to tell you). Has anyone ever met anyone who has cast their own differential housings, turned their own axle tubes, machined their own gears, etc, etc, etc?

All jeeps are bought. The rubicon is simply a different starting point....one that lets you finance some pretty cool options. But in the end, it gets modified like all the others. A jeep is a jeep is a jeep.

And once you get your AEV rubicon (lucky bastard!!!!), we'll hook up and go play on some big a$$ rocks!
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

here is an aev jeep for those of us that did'nt know VERY NICE.. VERY NICE!
                        bumpy, is yours going to have the extended wheel base?
                        http://www.aev-conversions.com/PreOwned.html
                        and another from their site
                        http://aev-conversions.com/Gallery104.html
                        ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                          I might sound a little off, but what is a MP3 cab? I've never heard of it. BTW, Bumpy welcome to MJR. You'll see a king4wd2 (that's me Sandra) and King4wd (that's my hubby Tom). You should gloat!
                          Thanks for the welcome!

Anyway...the M3 Cab is a BMW M3 Convertible that should be in my hands by the end of November...it's on the boat as we speak & set to hit the CA shores on the 11th of November, then trucked out to AZ.

As for AEV...as mentioned above...American Expedition Vehicles out of Montana...Dave & his brother are really cool & great guys! They got me & my fiance 2 free passes into the SEMA show the first week in November in Las Vegas. The SEMA show is a non-public show of all aftermarket products & vehicles. AEV is showing their new Hemi version of their Rubicon. Mine will be the same as thier show Jeep except my rubicon won't have the Recarro leather seats their show one will or be the Orange color as thiers is.

Specs on my rubicon for those wondering:

'04 Solar Yellow Rubi
                          Duel Tops
                          V8 5.7L Hemi
                          5 sp Auto
                          4.5 RE LA (all gray painted black)
                          OME (yellow) shocks
                          4.88 Gears
                          315/75R16 (35s)
                          16x8 AEV Alloy Wheels
                          ARB Front Bumper
                          Warn XD9000i
                          IPF Lights
                          AEV Rock Rails
                          Warn Rear Tire Carrier
                          Skid Row Engine/Trans Skid
                          OBA
                          Custom AEV Full Cage painted Interior Color
                          Heated Front Seats
                          Power Windows
                          New DC Nav./AM/FM/CD Radio
                          HP D44 Front (not sure about manufacturer yet, but probably Currie)
                          D60 Rear (not sure about manufacturer yet, but probably Currie)
                          New Hood Design
                          AEV Custom Exhaust

AEV won't be able to start on my jeep until after the SEMA show. So I won't be seeing it until about X-mas, even though I start payments on the Jeep the beginning of November I got 5.99% Chrysler financing on 2/3 of the price, so the Jeep will/is fully warrantied by DC & AEV out of the box & modified!

P.S....as some might have read in the I6 forum section...the I6, 4spd. Auto Trans, front & rear D44 w/DC air lockers will be up for sale as soon as they start on my Jeep & will be shipped out of AEV in Montana & a paypal account will be set-up through AEV to send the payments. Those will be paying for the Axle & Navigation system upgrades...The Tires & Rims looks to be sold already, but will let you guys know otherwise.

As for "How do I do it"...Lets say part IS from my hard work as an Engineer & part is being fortunate/lucky enough to have been adopted (1 of 6 adopted) by 2 loving parents who also raised 13 other brother & sisters too (8 are biological)! My father is dealing with his 2nd cancer (still doing well) & my youngest sister (22yrs old & also adopted) teeters on death & survival, needing 24hr care. My parents want to see the fruits of thier labor before they passed on (my father is in his 70s/mother late 60s) & see my 18 nephews & neices not go without anything they did as children.
                          '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
                          '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

souds like one bad ass jeep in the making! cant wait to see it on the trail
                            as far as the "how to" sorry for you, bro... (i hope that doesnt sound like a slam) you are very lucky to have the parents that you do . whenever they get sick is NO GOOD.
                            be sure to post progress pics
                            ERIK

Comment

Re: What is the fine line between...

Originally posted by Bumpy
                              Kinda a serious question:

What is the fine line between bragging/gloating & being excited about your fortunate situation (eg. new cars, etc.) ?

Just wondering because ( I would like the THANK ALL YOU guys for your nice responses to my posts, unlike other friends on another posting board) on a posting board I have real friends I have met in person with, no one except for maybe 2 people respond to any of my posts anymore...not even posts to say I arrived in AZ safely

You were bragging? I thought you were telling an interesting story. I don't really know you, but from that story, I would like to. I like people with interesting stories.

I know how you feel about the whole Jeep envy thing. Let me swap a story with you and maybe you won't feel so bad.

My grandfather died and left me a bit. My old 280Z was dying so I bought a 2002 New Beetle (since traded for the Jeep) and paid cash for it. I paid off my debts and invested. I also bought a few little luxuries like that $700 Moroccan table.

Two people were absolutely horrible to me. My receptionist at work said she didn't want to hear anything about my good fortune (she was also jealous because my relationship was working and hers fell apart) and that is when my relationship with my boyfriend went south (yeah, really good relationship).

Those two had such a bad case of envy that it has since put me off to them. One I am forced to be civil to and I keep the other afraid of me so he will stay away. I refuse to deal with such shallow people.

Moral: Our society has us so hung up on items that we lose sight of ideas. Yes, it's good to drool over such a worthy machine, but it is wrong to blame the owner for one's own inability to own one. It is great to long for adventure, but wrong to blame the adventurer for one's own inability to have one.

Healthy people look at you and see inspiration; unhealthy people look at you and see only something negative.

I see inspiration for adventure, and to build my own Jeep up.

See how that works?

Comment

Working...
                              X