Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
    :shout: :angry: We'll get two hundred jeeps to surround that guys house, use a winch to string him up in the front yard.

............ sorry jimmyrig
    Maybe a hidden kill switch for the ignition system somewhere.....I dont want this to happen to me either. Any suggestions?
    Bob, you should look at the "ade" system which is what I use. I figure it's better than nothing! It's a magnet controlled relay that will prevent the Jeep from starting until somebody waves a magnet over my "secret" spot!

Here's a link:
    http://www.4x4xplor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=596

Anybody else can use one of these to cut of a wire that has 12V coming in at a certain time. Basically what the switch does is gets 12V when you turn the ignition on. Then, when you wave the magnet over the reed switch, the relay kicks over, and allows 12V out the other side. It could be put in place of some other wire, or even re-designed slightly to cut out the starter wire, and only allow it if the key is in/on and you wave the magnet by.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy
      Bob, you should look at the "ade" system which is what I use. I figure it's better than nothing! It's a magnet controlled relay that will prevent the Jeep from starting until somebody waves a magnet over my "secret" spot!

Here's a link:
      http://www.4x4xplor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=596

Anybody else can use one of these to cut of a wire that has 12V coming in at a certain time. Basically what the switch does is gets 12V when you turn the ignition on. Then, when you wave the magnet over the reed switch, the relay kicks over, and allows 12V out the other side. It could be put in place of some other wire, or even re-designed slightly to cut out the starter wire, and only allow it if the key is in/on and you wave the magnet by.
      Outstanding....thanks. Your truly amazing with all the info you get...
      makes you almost........:geek:
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
        Outstanding....thanks. Your truly amazing with all the info you get...
        makes you almost........:geek:
        Haha, almost? You do know I'm a software engineer, right? I think I am fully qualified :geek: Our company is called JetHead Development. The owners's first company was PropHead Development a.k.a. PhD and our logo is a nerd w/ a Jet (instead of a propeller) on his head!

Anyways... I spend enough time on a computer to compile tons and tons of links. Believe me when I tell you that my knowledge isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to some of the people I see around!!! (Jerry Bransford, mrblaine, Stu, Eddie, etc.) Plus, mine is all "stolen" knowledge. I just do tons of reading. All these other guys know from time and experience!

Can't wait to wheel with you again Bob! If you can talk Joy into it, I'm heading to Big Bear this weekend, although if you came up, you'd probably do the Cleghorn run with everybody instead of the Pontiac with me! I want to do the Pontiac because there's rumors of those trails closing in January.

Comment

That is a major hitter Dude! I hope insurance will come through.
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy
            Believe me when I tell you that my knowledge isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to some of the people I see around!!! (Jerry Bransford, mrblaine, Stu, Eddie, etc.)
            Who? :dunno:
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
              Who? :dunno:

Comment

O.O Oh My Goodness. Man that's rough! If you find the guy, do to his face what he did to your Jeep...MESS IT UP! I hope your insurance helps out, and takes good care of you. Man that blows! That seems to be one Hott CJ-8...even with the um..."damage".
                WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
                X