Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife was not impressed

This Sat we deside to go out and test out the new atlas and ram steering. Ah Devils canyon I thought. So we head off by ourselfs. Half way through she starts. "This is boring" ( yea we spent last winter in there) The new low on the atlas starting to take the fun out. Boring???

Ok we have had our eye on something else lets go. The canyon starts out with a verticle 3ft water fall enclosed with boulders. OK no problemo. There goes the nice paint on the rockers, some off the tube fendors. Yea I'm getting into this when I heard her shriek. Shes pointing around this bend. I say to myself what now??

Oh yea a real nice slik rock section. My play ground. We go through it and find a nice sandy boulder thrown section and yet a far nastier water fall at the end. Am I up to this challenge well ok. So her I'am hanging 5, she start again saying "a shiny thing popped of my wheel" ?? What the heck!

Oh lost a lug nut..the tire is coming off damn. Cant jack it here so I'll either back down or go over. real men go over ok now I find the steering dont do nothing the front end is doing the twist! Friggen mods. A track bar bolt has busted off. Great!

She starts again about the line I took. Jeeze I cant win...

Heres the canyon Sorry no pics of my great moment.

http://britain.connectnet.com/Photog...ker/index.html
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Originally posted by Britain
    This Sat we deside to go out and test out the new atlas and ram steering. Ah Devils canyon I thought. So we head off by ourselfs. Half way through she starts. "This is boring" ( yea we spent last winter in there) The new low on the atlas starting to take the fun out. Boring???

Ok we have had our eye on something else lets go. The canyon starts out with a verticle 3ft water fall enclosed with boulders. OK no problemo. There goes the nice paint on the rockers, some off the tube fendors. Yea I'm getting into this when I heard her shriek. Shes pointing around this bend. I say to myself what now??

Oh yea a real nice slik rock section. My play ground. We go through it and find a nice sandy boulder thrown section and yet a far nastier water fall at the end. Am I up to this challenge well ok. So her I'am hanging 5, she start again saying "a shiny thing popped of my wheel" ?? What the heck!

Oh lost a lug nut..the tire is coming off damn. Cant jack it here so I'll either back down or go over. real men go over ok now I find the steering dont do nothing the front end is doing the twist! Friggen mods. A track bar bolt has busted off. Great!

She starts again about the line I took. Jeeze I cant win...

Heres the canyon Sorry no pics of my great moment.

http://britain.connectnet.com/Photog...ker/index.html
    Hey,
    I thought you were doing DC the end of this month! If I would have known you were going this weekend I would have been there with you. I spent all weekend in the shop doing repair work to the Jeep (but it could have waited)
    I'm gonna go look at your pics. Oh, Do I remember right that you have a stroker 6 in your rig? I think thats how I want to go.
    Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
      Hey,
      I thought you were doing DC the end of this month! If I would have known you were going this weekend I would have been there with you. I spent all weekend in the shop doing repair work to the Jeep (but it could have waited)
      I'm gonna go look at your pics. Oh, Do I remember right that you have a stroker 6 in your rig? I think thats how I want to go.
      Rat
      If I get it off the jack stands... a run is going through DC 9/23....perhaps leave the wife at home.....this time....
      97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
      WEB site

Comment

Cool pics, and story
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
          Cool pics, and story
          Shes complaining about the low , now she wants to bring the metal detector and hang it out the door opening.....naa get out and walk. I'll complain about her line now!
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

I wanna go

Originally posted by rat patrol
            Hey,
            Rat
            Ok..... just keep posting when you guys go. Seems like I have not seen this place yet. I know pictures just dont do the trail justice, but Dish Pan makes Devils Canyon look like an Angel walk. Sooooo... we will just have to run it and see.

See you out there.

P.S. I relate to your dealings with the Wife. nuff said.
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
              Actually shes pretty cool when it comes to trashing the bucket. After all this weekend was her Idea...I think she got mad when the thing broke down!
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                Ok..... just keep posting when you guys go. Seems like I have not seen this place yet. I know pictures just dont do the trail justice, but Dish Pan makes Devils Canyon look like an Angel walk. Sooooo... we will just have to run it and see.

See you out there.

this trail should not be attempted without lockers. not while I'm there anyway. :cactus:
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Here we go again!

Ok so I got in 1/2 way. She say you didnt do the gate keeper. Gate keeper WTF I say! I'm I think Im sort of half way. Ok . Theres a barrage of junk before the gate keeper no problemo...

Yeah I'm a little unsure here. Women you know "take a left turn turn right , go up there" Shoot up that ?? She says no balls?? What?????

Heres whats behind the gate keeper.

http://britain.connectnet.com/Photog...yon/index.html

Damn now I got to go in... but I'll send Brice in first!:gun: Its a ful moon looks bad in the light wont look so bad at night! Tomorrow
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

:gun: :gun: :gun:
                    Marco- White YJ
                    Vern- Red TJ
                    Me- Green TJ

\

And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

Where we stopped (Marco had to leave)

3 Options on the second waterfall

Left to right: My dad Blair, Vern, Marco

The dog.

And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

Tough enough???

Yeah we brought it on today. Marco vet rock climber attended. Brice new gunner.

Whats the wife say? Well she stayed home but did mention you will fall on your head going through the gate keeper. Yeahh Right.

What a great day!!!!

Sorry had to remove Pics to make room for some giant cad files......
                        Last edited by Britain; 10-09-06, 07:18 PM. Reason: Bad Upload
                        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                        WEB site

Comment

I've google'd devil's canyon a gazillion diffrent ways... what is this closest to?
                          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                          X