Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 JK resurrected

OK so I'm resurrecting the 07 JK thread now that there's been some noise about it. what do people think? been reading on some forums and here's my conclusion. keep in mind i haven't driven one of these things, so ignore the thread or two where i did some minor bashing early on...

:thumbs_up ground clearance, app/dep angles, driveline angles, big tire compatibility, cool sectional hardtop, NO MORE REAR-MOUNTED GAS TANK!, removable front fenders, LS rear end in non-rubi models (stock?), ESP system for wheel slip braking (only useful for non-rubi), electric discos, better D30, D35, and D44 axles...

:thumbs_do larger overall dimensions, power windows (you want to try and lift one of those doors with a PW motor inside?), terrible bumpers (can no longer use them stock or they'll get ruined), low rear shock mount brackets, "bling bling" 17" rims on rubi, axle gears down to 3.21:1 on non-rubi models, some stuff under the belly not covered by skids..

:dunno: no more I-6. can't find torque curved on the new V6, my guess is it doesn't have the that I get with my I6. HP and torque ratings are higher, but at what rpm??

OK, start slinging the mud folks.
    Last edited by maddmike; 08-27-06, 10:38 AM.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

off the get go. I don't like the look of em.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

I can't see much wrong and I dont really care about how it looks. All the down sides you list can easily be fixed by e-bay or a welder. I'm pretty sure torque isn't going to be an issue. Do you really think they would build a bitchin new Wrangler and drop in a pile of crap for an engine?

I can't wait for them to show up on the dealer lot so I can crawl around them.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I didnt know the fenders are removeable. Thats pretty cool IMO. But i still think they look funky.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

They lengthened the wheel base...smoother ride, but it lessens your capabilities offroad. I used to own an S-10 and when climbing firebreaks your front wheels would go over, then you'd bottom out before your rear wheels would go over. The Jeep wrangler won't do that. It's rear whel would be going up the the firebreak AS the front wheels were going down. With this lengthened wheel base I'm worried that the newer wranglers will have of what I call..."climb Clearance."
          WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
          [_____]
          (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
          []--o---[]

Comment

Do we know when these things hit the "local dealers"? I'll hold off judgement until I test drive one.
            Also, I wanna test drive the 4-door too, just to see what that thing is like!
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy
              They lengthened the wheel base...smoother ride, but it lessens your capabilities offroad. I used to own an S-10 and when climbing firebreaks your front wheels would go over, then you'd bottom out before your rear wheels would go over. The Jeep wrangler won't do that. It's rear whel would be going up the the firebreak AS the front wheels were going down. With this lengthened wheel base I'm worried that the newer wranglers will have of what I call..."climb Clearance."
              it's called break over angle.

for the record, I saw one on the road afew weeks ago, I liked the way it looked.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Longer wheelbase does not hinder offroad performance, especially not the 2-3 inches that the new wranglers got. Alot of folks, myself included, would like a little longer wheelbase. It makes for a more stable, easier climbing rig.
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

And thats where having an XJ is good. Yeah LWB!
                  |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

The fenders will not be removable on the production JK's

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7085

Comment

^ AWWW the best part... i thought they would look better once i was one out and about without the fenders!

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by chris85710
                        The fenders will not be removable on the production JK's

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7085
                        ...unless you have a socket wrench...
                        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
                          ...unless you have a socket wrench...
                          haha hell yeah...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X