Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprayin liners

I am wanting to pull the carpet out of my Jeep and I am looking for a decent priced sprayin liner that I can do myself. Do you guys have any suggestions?
    [COLOR="Magenta"]:tongue: [/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]LIVE EVERYDAY AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED, SO DO ALL YOU'VE DREAMED OF DOING[/COLOR]

I think its called hurcules (sp?) CJBrian on this form did it on the dash of his CJ and it looked pretty good. I thought it was rhino lined. This one isnt spray on though its role on.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

there's something at walmart, I forget what it's called. you can spray it or roll it. I'd say buy yourself a can, do the rear cargo area and see how you like it. proceed from there.

good luck.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Herculiner. I bought the kit at PepBoys for around $60, and then had a $20 mail-in rebate. The kit comes with a gallon of the Hreculiner material (I used about 2/3's of the gallon to apply two coats on the entire tub of the Jeep), a couple of rollers (and a handle), a 'scratch' pad (I ended up using 200 grit sand paper).

EDIT: Prep work is VERY important to make sure this stuff stays on! A LOT of sanding, and a can of Xylenol or M.E.K. are key! :thumbs_up

Here are some pics of mine:

This was taken a few days after I completed it, and seein' as I drive onto a construction site every day, it's a little dusty:
        -Bob
        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
          Herculiner. I bought the kit at PepBoys for around $60, and then had a $20 mail-in rebate. The kit comes with a gallon of the Hreculiner material (I used about 2/3's of the gallon to apply two coats on the entire tub of the Jeep), a couple of rollers (and a handle), a 'scratch' pad (I ended up using 200 grit sand paper).

EDIT: Prep work is VERY important to make sure this stuff stays on! A LOT of sanding, and a can of Xylenol or M.E.K. are key! :thumbs_up
          Thats what i was thinking of! Herculiner. Looked good to me!
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Thanks guys, I will check on this. I definitely need something.
            [COLOR="Magenta"]:tongue: [/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]LIVE EVERYDAY AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED, SO DO ALL YOU'VE DREAMED OF DOING[/COLOR]

Comment

How long was the process? From removing seats to putting them back in.

Comment

I did mine with herculiner too, its great stuff. I recomend doing a really good job on the prepwork and you'll be verry happy. I rolled mine on and it came out great.
                I have a Jeep

Comment

Does it come in white?
                  Ok.... I'll run down to the store and check.

Looks good though.
                  "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

Uh...

Any chance I can get someone to help me weld a new floor in the CJ before I roll this stuff in? Currently the floor is :poop:. Wish the previous owner had thought of this years ago.
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
                      Any chance I can get someone to help me weld a new floor in the CJ before I roll this stuff in? Currently the floor is :poop:. Wish the previous owner had thought of this years ago.

That's why I wanna go ahead and do mine so I won't end up in your shoes...:wink:

Comment

Originally posted by jeepNwayne
                        How long was the process? From removing seats to putting them back in.
                        I did mine over the 4-day weekend of July 4th. I spent a lot of time doing other stuff while doing this at the same time, so by my saying it took four days wouldn't be the best guage. I've read other write-ups where people have stripped the interior on a Friday evening, did the perp work (sanding) Saturday morning, painted it Saturday evening (two coats at least are recommended, and they say to do the coats within an hour of eachother). Then let it dry overnight, and spend Sunday putting the interior back together. I'm sure it can be done. :thumbs_up
                        -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                          Does it come in white?
                          Ok.... I'll run down to the store and check.

Looks good though.
                          According to the literature I've seen, black is the main color that is available, but it also comes in red and grey. I think you would probably have to order either of those two colors, whereas the black will be available 'on the shelf'. Also, it notes that the dry/curing time is longer for the red and gray (black was about 9-12 hours). Can't remember how much longer though, sorry...
                          -Bob

Comment

I did mine on a weekend fri through sunday. Friday afternoon and evening removing seats, rollbar(to get it under the mounts), whatever else. Saturday, almost all day preping;wash out tub, remove miscelaneous gunk, scuff every square inch, nick and cranny, etc.. then wash agian and finally wipe with Xylol. Then meticulously mask everything. 1st coat was done Sat. evening, and it was so cold that it took overnight before it was ready for the second coat. Sunday I let it dry and reassembled everything. Now 7 months later it is all dirty, but holding up verry well. It peeled in one small spot where I didn't scuff very well, so that is why I say take your time and do the prep work right. You will be verry happy.
                            I have a Jeep

Comment

Desert Prices??

Found this stuff at the local parts store for $90. Looked to be ample amount to do the CJ & YJ both. Gallon container and some misc other stuff. Is this about right?

Also, did you wipe it down with any particular chemical prep? Or should just an quick alcohol wipedown be sufficient to clean up the dust and remove any minor grease for best adherance?
                              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X