Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doh!

I think I had better come clean, 'cos it'll get out eventually. As long as you promise not to say, "what the fawk were you thinking" :homer:

Recently we have had a lot of rain. A lot, meaning a whole year's rainfall in 2 weeks!! Obviously, there was tons of flooding all over the place; roads washed away; bridges damaged etc...

Anyway, we were on a run that winds its' way down to Tanque Verde Wash. We had crossed the wash a couple of times, no biggie. At the final crossing I decided to take an alternative route, which was not such a brilliant idea. I almost made it across but ended up in a big hole, prob 5-6' deep. The motor was swamped and hydraulically locked. I now have three new holes in the oil pan, 2 broken connecting rods, a broken cam shaft and I still haven't taken the head off yet!!!

...so it's time for a new motor :yay:
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

HOLY SH!T ASTON! WHAT THE FAWK WERE YOU THINKING???

Sorry to hear it...

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Did this pull you out of the hole?

http://www.wesbed.com/gallery/pictur...169_medium.JPG

http://www.wesbed.com/gallery/pictur...193_medium.JPG

I guess i can not link to his Pics...oh well.
      Last edited by chris85710; 08-25-06, 10:07 AM.

Comment

haha its all good, that just means you have an excuse for a motor with all the goodies!
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

glad to hear you didn't drowned.:oops: :thumbs_up :yay: :cactus:
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I wish I had a reason to get a new motor....man....the 4 cyl is just...bleh.
            WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

I was wondering when you were going to fess up to that.....

olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy
                I wish I had a reason to get a new motor....man....the 4 cyl is just...bleh.
                Just Drain your oil and run the jeep hard, you'll need one real quick... haha
                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I did learn a couple of things:

1. Water is not compressible.

2. Off-road, the steering components take a pounding. When I was being towed, with no power steering, the steering was very heavy - I expected that. But what was a surprise was the magnitude of the kick back through the steering when the wheels hit a rock. A couple of times the steering wheel was wrenched out of my hands despite my death grip. I am amazed that the steering components take that abuse on a regular basis. Some kind of steering assist has definitely move up a couple of slots on my to do list.

Comment

Originally posted by aston
                    I did learn a couple of things:

1. Water is not compressible.

2. Off-road, the steering components take a pounding. When I was being towed, with no power steering, the steering was very heavy - I expected that. But what was a surprise was the magnitude of the kick back through the steering when the wheels hit a rock. A couple of times the steering wheel was wrenched out of my hands despite my death grip. I am amazed that the steering components take that abuse on a regular basis. Some kind of steering assist has definitely move up a couple of slots on my to do list.
                    Yeah ive heard of guys driving with there thumbs in wraped around the wheel, and the "steering braces" (the 3 bars from the actual wheel to the horn) have turned so quick that it breaks thumbs. now thats hard. haha

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
                      Yeah ive heard of guys driving with there thumbs in wraped around the wheel, and the "steering braces" (the 3 bars from the actual wheel to the horn) have turned so quick that it breaks thumbs. now thats hard. haha
                      That can happen with the engine running too. Just hook something (like a light pole, another vehicle, etc) with the front tire, and see what happens. Good idea to NOT keep your thumb in there.....
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

With my thumbs intact ...I ordered a shiny new motor.

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...ine/index.html

Comment

if you break it, it's time to upgrade

nice choice, enjoy!

(i'm sure you'll be one of the few YJ's with a stroker...)
                          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

YES! Stroker! Thats the way to do it. haha

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I got lucky when i hydroed my motor. Just pulled the plugs blew out the water and got the oil changed and it was fine. I have put 50000 miles on it since then will no noticable problems. It was just a couple weeks old.
                              Dennis
                              04 TJ
                              4.0/Auto
                              RE 4.5 Long Arm
                              Rock-It Man Rockers
                              33x12.50 BFG A/T
                              desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Working...
                              X