Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a semester off of college

Some of you know that i work on a 57' Hatteras named the Osprey. THe boat goes down to cabo every fall/winter to fish the Bisbee and other marlin/billfish tourneys. This year i've been asked to go down with the boat, live on it and do the tourneys with the owner and the captain all while getting paid (1500 a month). I figure this is a one in a lifetime opportunity for me so i am seriously considering it. Now i know that some people say "if you take a semester/year off of college you will never go back" but i think thats B.S., especially in this day and age because if you dont go to college, you're pretty much !!!!ed. What do you guys think?
    And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

what do you plan on doing after college?
    Last edited by blkTJ; 07-30-06, 08:02 PM.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Stay in school. It took me several years to get back into it after I took a semester off.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
        what do you plan on doing after college?
        Never mind that crap, what have you been up to?
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by aston
          Never mind that crap, what have you been up to?
          well, if Erik would post some god damn pictures, I'd show ya. :yay:
          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

well, if Erik would post some god damn pictures, I'd show ya. :yay:
            You're dating Eric :cocktail:
            "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

i say finish college ASAP and get it out of the way. plus, you'll have more fun when you're younger. do you want to be the hip party dude, or the old dude on campus?
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

...no way, I say take some time off to reflect and clear your brain! Edjamacatiun can wait. It should be fishin' or wheelin' vs. a lousy semester. Personally, I'd take the wheelin,' but that's just me! Now go pack those bags!
                "run forest, run!"

Comment

Brice,
                  I'll volunteer to take your jeep for a walk once a week while your gone :wink:
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Crawlin'
                    ...no way, I say take some time off to reflect and clear your brain! Edjamacatiun can wait. It should be fishin' or wheelin' vs. a lousy semester. Personally, I'd take the wheelin,' but that's just me! Now go pack those bags!
                    The problem is that once you take one semester off, then you end up taking another, then another.....meanwhile, you pick up some responsibilities along the way (wife, kids, mortgage, etc), which require you to work full time, and go to school part time. This is a major pain...trust me. I'm living that pain right now, and will be until at least 2011 (depending on class availability and how much they interfere with my work schedule) When it is all said and done, I will have spent 11+ years chasing a degree that takes most people between 4 and 5 years to wrap up. All the while working 12 hour shifts so I have enough money to pay tuition + mortgage. Finish school, THEN go play.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                      The problem is that once you take one semester off, then you end up taking another, then another.....meanwhile, you pick up some responsibilities along the way (wife, kids, mortgage, etc), which require you to work full time, and go to school part time. This is a major pain...trust me. I'm living that pain right now, and will be until at least 2011 (depending on class availability and how much they interfere with my work schedule) When it is all said and done, I will have spent 11+ years chasing a degree that takes most people between 4 and 5 years to wrap up. All the while working 12 hour shifts so I have enough money to pay tuition + mortgage. Finish school, THEN go play.
                      Now that I've finished school, career, been married, kids, and a mortgage, I can give my .02 because I've been there and dealt with the hassles of care free decions and living. Whats that saying, "pay me now or later?" If I could just figure out how to fish or wheel a few days a month while holding down responsibilites...
                      "run forest, run!"

Comment

Those of you that didn't have fun "while" in college were doing it all wrong. :2: :cactus:
                        myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Those of you that didn't have fun "while" in college were doing it all wrong. :2: :cactus:
                          :beer: :beer: :angry: :beer: :beer: :sad: :beer: :beer: :smile: :beer: :beer: :pizza: :beer: :beer: :poop: :oops: :thumbs_do
                          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Only 10 beers? Damn, what a lightweight.

Now that I'm an old fart, that seems alot but in college, that was called a "pre-func". Just a warm up.

My liver is grateful I moved off campus my junior year. Heheh...

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Crawlin'
                              If I could just figure out how to fish or wheel a few days a month while holding down responsibilites...
                              I wish I could find the time to fish or wheel a few days each year. So far this year my jeep has seen the rocks one time, and I have not wet a line in well over a year.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                              X