Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60K service

thanks to JU, 4x4xplor.com, and stu olson's website, I now have a complete list of correct parts and fluid specs, and complete documentaries on how to perform most of the 60k service in my own garage.

let's see how well theory turns into practice come saturday...
    putred
    0.00%
    within top 10 worst smells
    60.00%
    top 1 worst smell
    40.00%
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

MM,

Thanks for the reminder, mines due for it's 60K also. I'll have to check out the sites referenced.

L1
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANGRY MIDDLE CLASS WHITE GUY![/COLOR]

Comment

L1, if you want to wait until i'm done doing the service, i'll tell you how i did everything wrong the first time and had to re-do it all, and that way you can learn from my mistakes

good wheeling with you at rowher, i expect to see you out on the trails soon. my silver TJ needs a twin brother...(not many silver ones!!)

Comment

out of curiosity, what do "regular" people think is the 60k service?
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
          I was sort of wondering...don't different parts of the 60K service end up getting done about every other weekend or so?
          -Bob
          '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

wtf is a 60k service? i change motor oil every 3k or so and all other fluids every year...
            Last edited by Brice; 06-22-06, 04:52 PM.
            And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

regular people's reality

for "regular" people like me, 60k service is:

AT service
              coolant flush
              new fuel filter
              power steering fluid change
              new fan belt
              new spark plugs

other than that i check or change everything else bi-annually, unless you guys recommend I add any of the above items to my bi-annual service. :yay:

funny...most friends discounted me as a "regular" person some years ago...:dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
                L1, if you want to wait until i'm done doing the service, i'll tell you how i did everything wrong the first time and had to re-do it all, and that way you can learn from my mistakes

:thumbs_up

good wheeling with you at rowher, i expect to see you out on the trails soon. my silver TJ needs a twin brother...(not many silver ones!!)
                It was a great time at Rowher! My wife did get a little nervous over that 1st obsticle:tp: . I am looking forward to the next run!

L1
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANGRY MIDDLE CLASS WHITE GUY![/COLOR]

Comment

Replace the windshield
                  Bash out the dents in the hood
                  File sharp edges off the rims
                  Install new shock mounts
                  Respool winch cable
                  Apply MJR stickers over big dents
                  "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

good luck on that fuel filter.
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                      good luck on that fuel filter.
                      at the shop today having the mechanic install the fuel filter and get an alignment

there are some things that are worth paying other people to do for you...

...and until I'm lifted on 35's I'll probably be minimizing the "pounding out dents and replacing windshield" that comes as regular maintenance with heavy wheeling (hopefully)...

Comment

at the shop today having the mechanic install the fuel filter and get an alignment

there are some things that are worth paying other people to do for you...

...[COLOR="Red"]and until I'm lifted on 35's I'll probably be minimizing the "pounding out dents and replacing windshield" that comes as regular maintenance with heavy wheeling[/COLOR] (hopefully)...
                        You may want to talk with Russ Chung about that!
                        -Bob
                        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

at the shop today having the mechanic install the fuel filter ...
                          make sure he gives you the old one back. let me know how it goes.
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                            make sure he gives you the old one back. let me know how it goes.
                            mechanic states: "fuel filter is part of the fuel pump, so you're not getting one unless you also want a new fuel pump and want to pay for me to tear the gas tank apart". guess i'm not getting a new fuel filter, so yep, i got the old one back alright

ditto the comment about Russ, at any point I may need to add the "bang out dents" to my list of scheduled maintenance!

Comment

mechanic states: "fuel filter is part of the fuel pump, so you're not getting one unless you also want a new fuel pump and want to pay for me to tear the gas tank apart". guess i'm not getting a new fuel filter, so yep, i got the old one back alright

ditto the comment about Russ, at any point I may need to add the "bang out dents" to my list of scheduled maintenance!
                              he is full of shit. Tell him to park it in his ass.
                              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                              X