Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Felix

Operation ReStock has come and gone. Felix (thats what I called my Jeep) was traded-in this weekend.

I want to give a big thanks to all who donated stock parts and especially to Chris (Dukes69) for helping me swap everything in. We pulled a lot of work this weekend (well Chris seemed to do more than me).

We did not have a chance to take any pics of the Jeep once back to stock as we had to hurry and get it up to the dealer before they closed Sunday so I did not have to come back on Monday. Torrance to Yucca Valley is a bit of a drive.

I am now the proud owner of a 2003 VW Beetle TDI. I have to say this thing is the ultimate commuter car or at least for me. It is listed as 42 city 49 highway and so far it looks like its going to well live up to it. The diesel engine just kicks ass! I can drive up both grades of Hwy 62 in 5th gear with out any problem while cruise at 2k rpm. I have never been able to do that in any car before.

I will still be hanging out here, so you have not gotten rid of me Now with a true DD, I can start saving up for a Jeep that can become a real trail rig. So just make sure if you have a spare seat for a run and you are coming through YV, let me know
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

well, i'm glad you got it all together.
    how did they treat you on the trade in?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

They gave me $7k for the trade in. Its hard to figure out why they gave me so much but I put I think it was one of the following:

it was the end of the month and they wanted the sale,
      it was a diesel so it might have been on the lot for a long time
      they just felt sorry for me

As for the rest, I would never recommend anyone going to that dealer. They are awful. Only reason I did they deal was because I got a smoking deal all the way around. There was more than once I was about ready to stand up and walk out. As soon as everything is final (as in I get my first loan statement) I will post the name of the dealership. Right now I dont want to jinx anything
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

dealerships in general SUCK.
        i did my best deal ever on a car mostly on the internet. called to confirm they had no hidden charges or other crap that would waste my prescious time. they said no, and i went and signed the papers.
        in and out with a car in 30 minutes.
        thank you, longo toyota
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I would rate my experience as the worst I have had in buying a car (6th one now). The car and the deal I got were good but dang I still feel like I was raped.
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
            I would rate my experience as the worst I have had in buying a car (6th one now). The car and the deal I got were good but dang I still feel like I was raped.
            You gotta bring your own lube when you go to places like that. They never provide enough!
            Supe
            97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
            Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

If making a joke is being an asshole, I'm guilty.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                huh?

Only reason I had not replied was I haven't thought of anything good to say yet
                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                  I dont think the non-mods can see the reason for deletion.
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                    I dont think the non-mods can see the reason for deletion.

:poop: :cactus:
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I wanna see I wanna see.
                      Supe
                      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                      Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

I work for Carmax up in Roseville, Ca and I generally buy my cars off of their wholesale lot. I get a smoken deal and I get in and out generally in about 30 minutes. I even got my jeep out of wholesale for a deal you guys would cry if you saw it :wink:

Comment

My commuter Honda took a crap two weeks ago. 270,000 miles so I think I got my money out of it. I got a Toy Corolla to replace it. Still have a 93 mi one way commute. says 38 street and 40 hwy......my calculate gets 35 mpg so far....first tank got 31mpg. still hope it gets better. Dealership sucks. Anyway to get back to the post. I usually have an open seat and you're more than welcome to take it. I hope to get out again soon...still under repair. It's to bad you had a lousy experience with the dealership. You should be able to give the salesman one free Bit*h slap with every unpleasent sale and pay about .05 cents for additional ones for every person he has to check with before he can sell you the car. Did I say that out loud? oh well.
                          1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Yes you did say that out load Maybe I should write my congress persons and get them to draft a bill and make that into law.
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Youre Jeep lives on in mine Michael...and the offer still stands- youre welcome to drive Emily whenever you want

Thank you for helping her grow up!

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
                              X