Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me spin you a yarn.

The backstory-
    My name's Dustyn, I'm 17 years old. Last October I sold my 92' Ranger, worked my ass off, and bought a red 92' YJ. I had been looking for at least 4 months, and I started to lose hope I would ever find one within my budget. About a week before finding the Duke (my YJ's name) I blew all my money on a new snowboard, and a computer, because I had basicly given up. So I do find one, and it's perfect. 5 speed, 4 banger, no rust, $2400. I found it on Autotrader.com, and my grandmother went 2 hours south with me without even knowing if I had the means to buy it. Well, my grandma could see in my eyes how much I wanted this thing, and offered all the money right then and there, without even hesitating. I couldnt believe how lucky I was. So I got it, and took about 3 months of working my ass off again to pay her back, but I did.\

Fast forward about 4 months, and I find this place. I join up, and enjoy it very very much. Every little problem comes with at least some advice on where to start. I've learned so much from just reading through posts, and asking questions, it's unbelievable.

Stage 2-
    So I start looking for a lift, something cheap, I'm on a very very strict budget at all times (17 year olds dont make much money). But I finally settle on the Rough Country 4 inch suspension lift. Luckily I have friends in an Auto shop career type thing, and actually made 50 bucks for them installing it, sold my old leaf springs to the teacher (bought em pizza as a thank you). This was all finished on Friday April 28th 2006. Guess what I did Saturday April 29th 2006... Went out to an old trail my dad used to take me to in his truck, and went Muddin!. I had a blast! Hill climbs, rivers, mud, trails.... Yeah, I had a blast.

The future-
    As of now I don't even have wheels or tires, just the lift. My plan is 33's on black Cragar street locks, I wanna rhino line the cab, fix all the little problems, maybe bumpers if I can find them cheap, some little dress up things like tail and head light protecters. And then.... Sell it! Why you ask after all the hardwork? I'm going to find myself a black TJ, 6 cylinder, 5 speed, with less than 80,000 miles on it. Looks like another summer of work, but I gotta say, I'm addicited, and it's completely worth it. On this hypothectical jeep is going only the best, I plan on making the next one a real trail machine, and finding some fun stuff to do with it too!

Sorry this is so long, and really has no point, other than to introduce myself and give a little info. This is such a cool little website, and I'm proud to be a member.

Thank you for all your help in the past, and most likely the future too!

very cool story!

Glad youre enjoying it...looking forward to the next chapter.

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Excellent
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

I don't know wheteher to say congratulations or to say a prayer for you. From your post it is obvious that you have been bitten by the JEEP BUG!!! As you are finding out there is always something to spend your hard earned money on. My wife calls my jeep my mistress, the sad part is she's right. I am always looking for that next something better or new product that will make my jeep better. I have a sickness and I love it!!!!
        :wink:

Comment

Nice post! We like you too
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey Dustyn!! I'm a fellow buckeye (well transplanted from Wilmington to CA). Nice buy! I know exactly how you feel about getting your own Jeep. A week and a half ago I just bought my own 1993 YJ. Just that the windshield wipers don't work and the radio is shot! The idiot who had it before me knew nothing about wiring!

Where at in Ohio did you go muddin?
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

cool story dude. :thumbs_up

I suggest you wheel that YJ into the ground before thinking about the TJ. You won't get much cash out of it and getting a TJ built up ain't exactly cheap.

Wheel, enjoy, repeat... :yay:
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

welcome. i am a yj wheeler as well. have some fun with it.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I'm from a little town called Mount Vernon, and there is a trail meant mostly for quads/dirt bikes that a local gravel pit owns, but doesnt use... bascily fair game (has been for years). The only radio The Duke has is a CB haha. But I know what you mean about the TJ, blkTJ, I've been looking at blue book prices, part prices, basicly everything for TJ's and YJ's and it isnt cheap, my plan though is to find one that's going to last for some time and just keep building on it.

Comment

And by the way, as soon as I get a new digital, I'll be sure to post some pics!

Comment

Working...
                    X